ATR Pirbright february/march

#4
:) Yeah saintstones right on this one i passed adsc on 22nd of january then went and got my dates for march the 16th so youre probaly starting in march.
 
#6
I have just been passed medically fit by my doctor, (06/02/08) My advisor is off the week so ill be ringing the office first thing monday morning. Ive got my job decription and everything like that down to a tee. So hopefully ill get my interview out of the way and get a date for selection. I was hoping for a date in February but probably March is a more realistic time frame, im running the mile and a half in 11 minutes easy so at full wack hopefully ill get it nearer 10 mins at selecion, which id be very happy with. The only thing im struggling with is the press/sit ups, i can do about 20/25 before i feel like collapsing! lol does anyone think this will be good enough for selecion. Im hoping to go into the RE as a driver. So i guess ill be seeing some of you guys soon!
 
#9
boredofmyjob said:
RE = royal engineers they do phase 1 at lichfield mate(i think). are you thinking of the REME?

I think they do it all over the place nowadays (ooh err missus)

The RLC boys are coming from everywhere BUT pirbright which is where all the females go, regardless of cap badge
 
#10
LoggieBarSteward said:
boredofmyjob said:
RE = royal engineers they do phase 1 at lichfield mate(i think). are you thinking of the REME?

I think they do it all over the place nowadays (ooh err missus)

The RLC boys are coming from everywhere BUT pirbright which is where all the females go, regardless of cap badge
na dude lichfield is closing in april....r.e according to my a.f.c.o are doing phase1 at pirbright....
 
#11
LoggieBarSteward said:
... which is where all the females go, regardless of cap badge
Sorry, could you clarify that for me, please? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Surely female trainees aren't segregated from males during Phase 1?
 
#13
boredofmyjob said:
Samurai said:
LoggieBarSteward said:
... which is where all the females go, regardless of cap badge
Sorry, could you clarify that for me, please? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Surely female trainees aren't segregated from males during Phase 1?
why on earth wouldn't they be?
The most common argument against women serving in the front lines is that their presence would "lower the standards" of our front line units, which may be a fair point, considering the discrepancies between the genders in terms of physical, and therefore, fighting ability.

But it then seems contradictory to me to segregate the genders. Naturaly, I'm assuming that this segregation is for the purpose of "female-friendly"(aka diluted) training, and not just to maintain decency in matters of accomodation, etc. If my assumptions are incorrect, please right me.

I'm just afraid that my training will end up being sub-par simply because of my sex.

It's more than a little dissapointing. Ah, well. I just hope I won't be taught baking and embroidery between drills. :p
 
D

Dom1983

Guest
#16
Samurai said:
boredofmyjob said:
Samurai said:
LoggieBarSteward said:
... which is where all the females go, regardless of cap badge
Sorry, could you clarify that for me, please? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Surely female trainees aren't segregated from males during Phase 1?
why on earth wouldn't they be?
The most common argument against women serving in the front lines is that their presence would "lower the standards" of our front line units, which may be a fair point, considering the discrepancies between the genders in terms of physical, and therefore, fighting ability.

But it then seems contradictory to me to segregate the genders. Naturaly, I'm assuming that this segregation is for the purpose of "female-friendly"(aka diluted) training, and not just to maintain decency in matters of accomodation, etc. If my assumptions are incorrect, please right me.

I'm just afraid that my training will end up being sub-par simply because of my sex.

It's more than a little dissapointing. Ah, well. I just hope I won't be taught baking and embroidery between drills. :p
its not only because the female training is slightly easier. it probably has alot to do with the lads gettin distracted during their training, the last thing the corporals will be wanting to deal with is flourishing little romances that may develop!

not condusive to good training really is it, the ladies will have to wait until they reach a unit before they get to sample the joys of being a woman in the army!
 
#17
Dom1983 said:
its not only because the female training is slightly easier. it probably has alot to do with the lads gettin distracted during their training, the last thing the corporals will be wanting to deal with is flourishing little romances that may develop!

not condusive to good training really is it, the ladies will have to wait until they reach a unit before they get to sample the joys of being a woman in the army!
Also very true. :p
 
#18
Samurai said:
Sorry, could you clarify that for me, please? I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Surely female trainees aren't segregated from males during Phase 1?
Part of Basic training is to build teamwork and you cant do that if half your section is in another accomodation block so nowadays they have whole troops of females. This way they can do everything together including the exercises
 
#19
I think seperation is good, males build stronger friendships and moral without girls anyway. Take education for example..boys do considerably better in a single sex school. Sod political correctness cos in this case and many others, the old way is the right way.
 
#20
I'm going to Pirbright on the 24th Feb. When I went for ADSC back in November, the phase one recruits that we spoke to said that we are not even aloud to talk to the boys, they called it fraternising with the enemy!
 

Latest Threads