ATR Lichfield Closing????????

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by re0790, Jul 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright guys. Going to Lichfield on 10th September, but I'm pretty sure its closing soon. I'm concerned to say the least that either I'm going to have to wait longer or I'm going to turn up there and the whole thing going to be closed. Does anyone no when it closes, if there actually is an intake there on Sept 10th, and if not where will I go and will I have to wait longer? :? :? :? :?

Cheers, any info would be much appreciated :D
  2. Yes the Army is going to spend money on your train tickets to get you to a base that's closed :?

Don't think it's closing until much later.
  3. Do you know where I could find out when its closing?
  4. Cow

Cow LE

Phone them up?
  5. I think someone (The_Iron) said that you'll be going to pirbright instead. They won't send you to the wrong place I don't think ;)
  6. I should get my joining instructions in the next few weeks so I'll soon find out!
  7. Lol, but knowing this stuff you'll get the old ones
  8. I'm not to fussed where I end up as long as I go on 10th Sept I joined the army last September so I think I've waited long enough already!
  9. Last September.. JESUS! That's a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG wait ;)
  10. It's not uncommon Trussell, depending on what you're joining. I did selection in September '06, and went for REME Blackie (Air Tech). Got quoted, eventually, a joining date of April '08.

That's a long wait.

So long, that I did Officer selection in the mean time and now start Sandhurst in January.
  11. If I wanted to certain trades in the Sappers I'd of had to wait until may 08 not quite as long as The_Goon, but still pretty long
  12. Lol Goon, that's a major career change :D
  13. Indeed it is. But a good move, I think. I had the required qualifications, and apparently I possess something Officer-like (Possibly my Cords...) and so to Sandhurst I trot.
  14. It's been a long time since I've been to Lichfield so the information I had is probably out of date. Weren't they shifting all the Royal Signals and Engineers away from Lichfield to Pirbright and moving the RAMC in there?
  15. Well best of luck to you mate. Are you still going for REME?