ATR Lichfield - 3rd December

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by inferno666, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,

Anyone starting there basic on this date?

Will be good to get to know pep before going down :)
  2. yep i am.

RE sparky, what about you?
  3. I have come under a lot of stick lately for picking people up for spelling and grammar, is there any wonder.

This can't be the Army I joined all those years ago; we had to be able to string a fcuking sentence together!!

Fcuks sake!!! :x
  4. Christ man, I was just trying to make my basic training easier by getting to know people before I get to Lichfield, but oh no, you have to pick up on my spelling? Chirst I know english, I've got an A-level in english language, don't post something out of spite.
  5. I'm going in as an armoured engineer, i really can't wait :D
  6. I am starting my basic on that date but in pirbright sorry dude
  7. how old are you inferno666?
    what time you get on your 1.5 mile run?

8. My current mile and half time is 9:57, im 18 :)
  9. ah your older then me, im 17....i turn 18 in march which is somewhere late on in basic.

last time i checked i was running a 9:20 1.5 mile...i cant wait...
    like 18 days left now.
  10. haha no way man, im 19 on the 15th of march :) yeah i know same here, i did my oath 2 days ago and have just been eager to get in ever since, have just had a mate who's gone thorugh basic in winchester and has told me about all the fun things you go through lol
  11. You'll like Lichfield and the area lads.. loads of fields and stuff to run round in/on/through.. enjoy ! I always shout encouragment to the lads on thier CFT's when Im passing them on my bike...
  12. iv got my oath tommorrow.

mines 1 week earlier, 8th march.

yeh, i train with a few ex army guys who've told me all the fun to come.
  13. Lol cheers ex, yeah the 2 things im "looking foward" to are;

1.) Mile and half in chem/bio/nuclear suit i.e. running a mile and a half in a gas mask

2.) Stretcher race - 3 full jerry cans on a stretcher for 3 miles, apparently the adrenaline keeps you going :)
  14. Inferno mate I dont know anything about training methods nowadays as I got out after 12 years in 2001... however what I do know is that carrying a stretcher is hard work but manageable if all 4 of you on it work as a team.. and as for the resi run.. better you than me mate ! I hated the damn things !

Good luck on your basic and work hard my friend... the lifetime of experiences you and your comrades will have will last forever.
  15. Hello lads, might be joining you, doing selection next week, so hopefully my recruiting sgt will get me on that course. Going for Communications Systems Operator in the Sigs. How long was it between completing selection and starting Phase 1 for you lads?