ATR Bassingbourn

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by brad__, Jan 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i start phase 1 at bassingbourn on 3 march what (apart from what is on the list)other helpful stuff should i take with me?
  2. Leave you're dignity at the gaurdroom on entering..
  3. a sense of humour.........and the ability to iron helps
  4. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

A case of fine wine and a few bottles of a really good single malt will help you greatly.
  5. id love to take some drink with but maybe someone might have summin to say about it
  6. They certainly will....take a good Iron (not the_IRON though, you'd never fit him in your suitcase!) spend at least 50 quid on it and it wont let you down.
  7. You could decant the wine into Ribena bottles! :wink:
  8. thats a good idea i might have to do that but people might wonder how i got half cut with ribena
  9. and one more thing every day i do between 8 and 12 miles on my bike would that benefit me on the 1.5 runs
  10. Cheeky young CNUT :x True though, especially after Christmas, John smiths, port, crackers and cheese :D
  11. Good sense of humour will help.
    Best of luck Brad.

W_T :D
  12. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It certainly would, but the staff here won't let you ride your bike while the rest run.
  13. I feel your pain! 8O :wink:
  14. It'll help your fitness certainly, but the best way to improve your PFT run is to practice it regularly, but dont worry everyone knocks at least a minute off during phase 1.

Edited for sausage fingers.
  15. no i know that i was just wandering whether i was wasting my time