ATR Bassingbourn Chat & Queries - ARCHIVE

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Animal_Mother, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody else going to Bassingbourne on the 14th July?

If any of you are add me on msn and we can discuss how much we're filling our pants: MOD edit, PM him for details.. NO EMAIL ADDYS!

2. Anyone else apart from me and keep_it_simple?

3. ill be there 2 weeks after you roll up for a second shot at it, Your a junior or an RE?

4. im starting then! cant wait!!!

5. I start then also, but at a different ATR.

6. argh your lucky :( i DAOR'd from ther last year and rely wanted to go back to bassingbourn again now i gotta do it at pirbright...

bassingbourn is quality tho, best barracks i think. plus full metal jacket was filmed there :D so you feel proud walking around the camp and then watchin the movie with your civvy mates and sayin yup i was there lol!

good luck lads. btw if you remember, when you go in and if you see cpl. crighton (i think sgt now) from the AAC tell him private mcloughlin said hes goin back in! ta lads! best ATR ever i recon.

7. Guitar playa...Did you go there September 07? I know a couple of people that went then for REME & RE

8. best ATR ever?? you wretch how many you been to?? i seen bout 7 now and i can say that none are too pretty! You fukas are lucky to be at Bass cause thats where most our FRED's go!! Go to Bass, get some Para and RE instructors and you can't go too wrong!!

GL anyways lads and remember it's hard but not impossible and it can't make you pregnant! however if it aint for you the big man says so!! Enjoy

9. ISTR only part of full metal jacket was filmed at bassingborne ,as i spent about 4 weeks with the crew the assault course was built far side of air field also a small camp was built on the out runway area with parm trees planted along side , the main square was used with the phone boxes covered with fences the road from hq building past the med centre had signs put in place, the best time during the filming was when the village camp got blown up most of the depot as then turned out to watch best time i can recall at depot 82/86

10. 1. Persec young man :roll:

2. Yes only part of it was filmed at BASSINGBOURN. (No 'E').

11. Do you get to march around chanting Mickey Mouse at Bassingbourn?

12. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You can chant anything you fancy at ATR(B). It's a very easy going atmosphere.

As for 'Full Metal Jacket', some scenes were shot in a derelict brick factory, in another part of Cambs, and a large number of scenes were filmed in the Docklands area.

But be warned, we still have 'Charlie' in the boonies here.

13. ....also old_fat_and_hairy is the dead spit of Gny. Sgt. Hartman :D

14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ok harlot! Drop, and give me forty!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.