ATOS Head Honcho in £280k Annum pay rise

Ambulance crews-12 hour shifts and no set lunch breaks, sometimes an hour before you stand down.
Actually this is a different story !!
Most if not all 999 crews start off on hospital transport. If you're a medic then you'll know that that's true.
But then maybe I'm out of date now.
Like I said, motability has been abused in the past but they 're trying to change things now.

E

EScotia

I find it hard to believe anyone can swindle the DWP for the higher rate component.
The forms are hard enough to fill in for the genuine disabled let alone fraudsters.
Then, you usually have your GP or medical people contacted to confirm what you have said is true.
Fraudsters must have a hell of a nerve to be able to go through all that and keep claiming.
I don't know too much about the new PIP benefit.
They can and they do as they know the system, it's checks & balances and how to get the help & advice to get through it. Have a look in one of the busy waiting rooms, particularly on tribunal days, and look at all the Welfare workers/advisers assisting all those who easily walked into the assessment centre (until they're within sight of the clerks' window).

You're correct about the forms though. If you've ever had to fill one in, particularly the new type, it takes forever and it can be difficult to adequately express your difficulties when answering the questions. When my first application for DLA was refused I phoned DWP to find out why and was asked a series of questions and got another letter informing me my appeal had failed! That really got my back up so I submitted a formal request to review their decision(s) before a tribunal.

The tribunals however are excellent and I'd have to say if they use the forms and/or medicals as a sift to weed out those who shouldn't be entitled to benefit and the tribunal as the method of correcting any errors then I can't see what the problem is or how the system could be bettered.

I always found Motability irrational. To get a car using higher rate mobility component DLA the person had but to prove they are unfit to drive.

I wrote an appeal submission for someone appealing an ATOS decision of "Nil points" (Go sign on the dole). And I am pleased to say that the appeal yesterday was successful. Making my amateur record of helping people appeal against ATOS still at 100% wins.

I remind you that in one case the DWP phoned the "Client" late one evening. The upshot was they would put nothing in writing. But they paid up a year of incapacity benefits arrears and a new ATOS procedure began. I had used FOI to establish that their HQ male nurse screener is not licensed to practice in UK. In another case DWP refused to check whether a foreign doctor at an ATOS centre is licensed to practice in UK. DWP cop out and fwd mail to ATOS. Sorry but I wrote to a govt dept so don't fwd mail to a bunch of hicks there's good public sector parasites.

In one case even ATOS crumbled and disciplined a nurse examiner (Festival Park Stoke on Trent) for deliberately failing to record contraindications for the treatments she theorized would render the client fit for work within 6 months. Failing to record that the client had one kidney removed by surgery. Small oversight eh ?

The BNP ten years ago reckoned the old "All Work |Test" was their best recruiting sgt. Because it tested for stoicism and thus disproportionately found ex service people fit for work. And of course they all knew lead swingers being found unfit for work. Especially using the old get out clause that work would harm their health. This clause is refined now into Rules 25 and 31 and may yet cripple IDS because actions under the rules are for damages against DWP to be determined in court. This is what lays at the base of "Parking" people on the "Work Related Activity Group". IE DON'T actually force them into work they can sue. Just park them so DWP can pay them less money than if they were properly in Support Group

The WRAG Group requires what ? You got it the overheads to pay DWP public sector parasites to run it. Parking attendants.

DLA has been the main incapacity fiddle benefit for years.

IDS should have gone for fraud detection to bring cuts about. A few years ago I looked at one road on a Housing Assn estate. I found benefits fiddles in over half of the houses. A bit of amateur research. A typical one was man on incapacity whose sons lived in his council house where his claims were based. Whilst he lived with a shop manageress who claimed Working tax credit. He got higher rate care and mobility components and had a motability car. And he moonlighted too as a lorry driver.

Another a "Single mum" had DLA for mong kids and they got free taxis to school. She got extra benefits as an addict but really an ex offender lived with her but his claim address was a flat down the road he had been allocated as a priority when he was discharged from prison. Empty flat acting as a benefits claim address.

Another, long term incapacity, was working on the side chainsawing and the like. Next to them was a single mum actually living with a fella whose claim address was in another county.

What IDS is doing is the easy route knowing the country cannot afford to action fraud. So he is using the ATOS farce to penalise genuinely ill people. It is disgusting. But there has to be a reason the welfare budget is spiralling under IDS eh ? Cost of ATOS. Cost of appeals. People finding ways to fine IDS for his impudence by claiming more imaginatively.

The mistake I suspect IDS wishes you to fall for is that Incapacity Benefits were not all long term. About one million were short term and back to work. Hence if you end incapacity benefit it is inevitable that a million claims will end naturally. New claimants apply for ESA. This figure, nothing to do with ATOS and their farcical testing, is claimed by IDS as evidence of the success of ATOS. Will he explain why welfare costs are soaring under his management ?

The mistake I suspect IDS wishes you to fall for is that Incapacity Benefits were not all long term. About one million were short term and back to work. Hence if you end incapacity benefit it is inevitable that a million claims will end naturally. New claimants apply for ESA. This figure, nothing to do with ATOS and their farcical testing, is claimed by IDS as evidence of the success of ATOS. Will he explain why welfare costs are soaring under his management ?
Global Warming ??? Aye shite thats been knocked on the head as well........ Aliens

I have previously worked on Government and DWP work, not for ATOS, but for another outsourcer. I have dealt with ATOS IT bods and they are thoroughly decent people. Intelligent, keen to do a good job and unlikely to be slopey shouldered when you need information or a job doing. They aren't French either.

It always amuses me to see the level of bile aimed at ATOS as if they had independantly decided to start dicking benefit recipients about whether that be on ESA or PIP assessments. Every action they take, every assessment they make is driven by guidelines and rules set by DWP and Ministers. I am sure people make mistakes but there are no vendettas or agendas in play,

ATOS are rewarded for doing what their customers, in this case it is effectively Cabinet Office, direct them to do. What they pay their staff and CEO are matters for the people involved and their shareholders.

It always amuses me to see the level of bile aimed at ATOS as if they had independantly decided to start dicking benefit recipients about whether that be on ESA or PIP assessments. Every action they take, every assessment they make is driven by guidelines and rules set by DWP and Ministers. I am sure people make mistakes but there are no vendettas or agendas in play,
Rubbish. It's all an evil capitalist/Tory/banker's (delete as appropriate) plot to murder people who are severely disabled by conditions like depression, erectile dysfunction, alcoholism and a bit of a twinge in the lower back that could turn nasty.

Have a look on the Black Triangle website. They'll explain very clearly how ATOS assessments are exactly the same as the holocaust and how there is no way to distinguish ATOS from the SS.

Clearly the Jews could have saved themselves by simply setting up a decent web site with an on line shop flogging t-shirts.

I love the artwork too. That splodge on the right is supposed to be Ian Duncan Smith.