Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Atlantic Future Forum

Yokel

LE
Are there any transcripts of the speches? Or any proper coverage beyond Twitter updates?

I thought the discussions were meant to go far beyond that. However, to take your comments and expand on them, Canada is a key contributor to NATO in the Atlantic theatre, which in many ways is NATO's centre of gravity.

Canada also has real scientific and industrial capabilities.

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
I posted this on the possibility of a war with China thread . UK US cooperation

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Closer to home we have the Atlantic to worry about - and increased Russian maritime (including submarine) activity, and Chinese warships visit the Atlantic. Iran continues to threaten oil shipping.

Moscow, Beijing, and Tehran are allies - at least for the purposes of opposing the rules based international system.

See Fire and Ice: A New Maritime Strategy for NATO's Northern Flank

Yokel

LE
The Twitter account for the Atlantic Future Forum is still active. An update was posted just today. Other updates are about news of business deals and things like cooperation with things like cyber security.

Are we moving towards a trade deal with the United States? It would have benefits on both sides of the Atlantic.

Is it time to build a new partnership of nations committed to playing by the rules?
Yes, but how would it deal with the Americans (or the British)?

Yokel

LE
What does the change of American President mean for the transatlantic partnership and NATO? Am I right in thinking that it means changes in diplomatic personnel as Ambassadors are appointed by the President personally?

Ambassador Johnson was fully up to speed with Britain's commitment to NATO and in the Gulf.

Last edited:

Latest Threads