Athlete of the Games?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunnoficarus, Aug 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 8
  1. Assuming you mean British Athlete I agree for now but if Mo Farah wins the 5,000m as stylishly as he did the 10,000m then my vote will go to him. I will concede that Trott is much better looking however.
  2. - The undoubted title-holder must be Oscar Pistorius
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Why?
  4. Is he a Brit? (as per my post)
  5. Why? He came last.

I could walk it round, and come last. Would I get athlete of the games?
    • Like Like x 3

6. Only if epic fail is the criterion you're going by.
  7. Mo farah isnt British, just a British passport holder.
  8. You really are a cock aren't you?
    • Like Like x 7
  9. To be honest.... For me Team GB anyway, the Gold medal winners are all up there. All have their own unique story. Farrah, Hoy, and especially the lass Adams who won at the boxing. They are all athletes of the tournament.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I knew i would get some sanctimonious tit to bite!!
  11. Syledis does have a point though, Mo Farah started his running career by dodging effective US fire in Oct 1993, shortly before stripping a Blackhawk helicopter of it's saleable parts.
  12. Whilst i was hoping for a cheeky wee bite, i do believe that it should be only people born should be born in the country they compete for, in the same way as i have a view, unrealistic of course, that football teams should only be able to have players from a 25 mile radius of the club.
  13. To have avoided effective US fire in Oct 1993 he must have been either a ranger or delta, which was it? or are you saying the yanks actually managed to point their weapons in the right direction?
  14. I don't even know why he's allowed to compete in the olympics.

He has his very own specialmongolympics. I bet the special olympics wouldn't let an able bodied man compete in their running events.

Able-bodyist *****.

Waits for a bite
    • Like Like x 2