ATC Pirbright - Thread for those joining in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg291018

Swinger
You might be able to help me out actually. A work colleague of mine (ex military) said that you don’t really need to take EVERYTHING listed on ur JI . A few things he mentioned are a headlight, tent pegs and bungee cords for example. Mentioning that a lot of kit if necessary is supplied. Any truth in this? He might have had it different from me mind you as he done basic at catterick whereas I’m going to pirbright ? Cheers
You need to bring everything on your kit list if not more!

nofate

Swinger
Mate you get an annual salary for 365 days a year broken down into 12 equal monthly pay runs.

You will get a leave entitlement of 38 days (30 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays) calculated April to April.
38 days is it over 7 weeks all together? as 5 working days is holiday and weekend is not count as working days.
or 38 days is basically 38 days literally with weekends included?

38 days is it over 7 weeks all together? as 5 working days is holiday and weekend is not count as working days.
or 38 days is basically 38 days literally with weekends included?
38 Days, not including weekends. So if you take leave from After Duties Friday until First Parade a week on Monday (9 days in total) only the Monday to Friday, 5 days, will come from your leave days.

nofate

Swinger
38 Days, not including weekends. So if you take leave from After Duties Friday until First Parade a week on Monday (9 days in total) only the Monday to Friday, 5 days, will come from your leave days.
Thank you very much for explanation, much appreciated.

CAARPS do you know since when am I entitled to use my leave? Is it after phase 1, phase 2?

And also I'm wondering what happen if I do not use my holidays? Can I get paid for those days what I did not use or the gone completely?

Thank you very much for explanation, much appreciated.

CAARPS do you know since when am I entitled to use my leave? Is it after phase 1, phase 2?

And also I'm wondering what happen if I do not use my holidays? Can I get paid for those days what I did not use or the gone completely?
Your leave will be dependant on your Phase 2 start, normally planned to start shortly after the end of Phase 1.

In most units, most of your leave is taken up on Christmas, Easter and Summer block leave when you are directed to stand down.

If you don’t use your annual entitlement 15 days are automatically carried over, any extra needs authority from commanders. If you can’t prove you was unable to take it you will lose it. There is no extra payment.

Don’t worry too much, everything should be explained to you in basic training.

nofate

Swinger
Your leave will be dependant on your Phase 2 start, normally planned to start shortly after the end of Phase 1.

In most units, most of your leave is taken up on Christmas, Easter and Summer block leave when you are directed to stand down.

If you don’t use your annual entitlement 15 days are automatically carried over, any extra needs authority from commanders. If you can’t prove you was unable to take it you will lose it. There is no extra payment.

Don’t worry too much, everything should be explained to you in basic training.
Thank you CAARPS, so basically in this 38 days leave is also days included where soldier get break over Christmas. There is no 38 Days leave plus time for Christmas/Easter?

Thank you CAARPS, so basically in this 38 days leave is also days included where soldier get break over Christmas. There is no 38 Days leave plus time for Christmas/Easter?
38 days all in, 30 days annual leave an 8 bank holidays.

JJ2018

Crow
Hi,
The kit list says swimming trunks, not shorts. Does this refer to beach shorts and not running style swimming trunks/shorts? Or no shorts at all and like the Y front style.

Thanks

Dizzee367

Old-Salt
Hi,
The kit list says swimming trunks, not shorts. Does this refer to beach shorts and not running style swimming trunks/shorts? Or no shorts at all and like the Y front style.

Thanks
Yeah no baggy kind of shorts. Just get a pair of black trunks, they don’t need to be Y fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads