• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

ATC Pirbright - Thread for those joining in 2018

Is that for year round where you get 2 weeks off half way through or just the holidays? Do they also count it towards paid holidays?
No. That is Christmas leave. There are other stand downs for Easter and summer. You won't be given 2 weeks off randomly in your phase 1 training, you'll get a long weekend half way through.

It won't be taken from your holiday because during phase 1 you are not entitled to any holiday leave.

I thought that this was strange too. Almost every thread or website that mentions phase 1 kit lists advises to take the highest powered iron possible. I'll be taking one with me and if it's "wrong" so be it. They'll get you for something so it may as well be that!
I'm gonna take one unless someone from the NRC or Careers Office specifically tells me not to between now and my start date.

Hi
I’ve just got my start date for basic. I start on 5th November at Pirbright. They said I get a Kit List at the end of October which seems quite short notice. Does anybody have a Kit List already? I’d like some pointers on what I need to buy if you’d be so kind
Thanks

Hi
I’ve just got my start date for basic. I start on 5th November at Pirbright. They said I get a Kit List at the end of October which seems quite short notice. Does anybody have a Kit List already? I’d like some pointers on what I need to buy if you’d be so kind
Thanks
My ACC said yesterday I should get them 4 weeks before my start date. Others in this thread appear to have received them slightly earlier.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hi all, Joining on the 15th October,
On the kit list it says;

Unnecessary Items. Do not bring:
b. Iron & Ironing Board

Ive seen posts on bringing a decent quality one, just want to clear up that I shouldn't be taking one right?

Is that for year round where you get 2 weeks off half way through or just the holidays? Do they also count it towards paid holidays?
Mate you get an annual salary for 365 days a year broken down into 12 equal monthly pay runs.

You will get a leave entitlement of 38 days (30 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays) calculated April to April. You can also be allocated Operational leave and may be granted extra days by your Chain of Command, post exercise or a prolonged period of work. Weekends are not counted as leave, so there is no official entitlement for time off if you work a weekend, that is at the discretion of your Chain of Command.

A lot of units, including most of the training establishments will have stand down periods at Christmas, in the summer and over Easter. If you are in training during a standown period you will get the leave and it will come of your entitlement for the year. In a unit you will have to get permission to work the stand down and take leave outside this period. If you are in a unit that has the stand down periods as above it will acount for the vast majority of your leave.

Depending when you join in the year your 30 days and bank holidays will be adjusted accordingly. You should get briefed on leave entitlement at some stage during your first few months, but don’t hold your breath :)

4th March? Thats rough... I had a 6 month wait for my start date and its sucked but its almost over. Keep motivated and dont let things slip too much over the holidays! Good luck.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I know! Luckily I have a demanding job so it’ll fly by. Got a very good grade at selection too.. my own fault for picking a job with few intake dates!
Glad your wait is almost over. Best of luck!

Latest Threads