ATC Pirbright - Thread for those joining in 2018

@R4v3n

Already mentioned but they will teach you to swim so ave no fear on that.

It is worth mentioning that if you can't swim I believe you class as 'un-deployable'. So try and bash it out in P1.

(I am 28 btw different experience to the young-us!)

@R4v3n

Already mentioned but they will teach you to swim so ave no fear on that.

It is worth mentioning that if you can't swim I believe you class as 'un-deployable'. So try and bash it out in P1.

(I am 28 btw different experience to the young-us!)
Oh god! Thanks!! It had not occured to me it would have that impact!

So the 'teach? Not just 'improve'?
I can't float, which I'm fully aware is riddick haha. But could probably get lessons in the month before I go.

What was it like doing as an older recruit?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

What's the intake usually like for medics? How often are the intakes usually, and how long after selection?
From what I’ve seen/ heard the intakes are pretty often I’ve got one for the 27th aug and I’ve seen someone with the 20th aug so maybe a few at a time with a break depending on how many to run the troop. As for the selection question, I will have been waiting 5 months and people have waited less and more, just depends

Thanks. Do you know if basic training take place over Christmas? Will they have a cut off date like October and then no more intakes until January, or do they keep doing intakes through November and December?

Thanks. Do you know if basic training take place over Christmas? Will they have a cut off date like October and then no more intakes until January, or do they keep doing intakes through November and December?
I know that Christmas leave is two weeks but I’m not 100% sure on the limit of the intakes. When I was at Pirbright as a reserve there was a new intake that came in while we were there and that was back end of November

I've just passed selection and I'm waiting to get loaded to training. What should I expect from the medicals at phase one because I passed it at selection fine, but I'm a little worried about the dental. What do people get discharged for in those regards?

Haha yeah I thought dark tan was wrong so I’ve got some ledergris to save getting purple boots lol! Thanks for the small tub idea, makes sense I didn’t even think about what I’d put toiletries in on exercise!
You must be rolling in it to be buying ledergris. Also your phase 2
Will mainly be learning how to mess up the lads pay so nothing to arduous

I've just passed selection and I'm waiting to get loaded to training. What should I expect from the medicals at phase one because I passed it at selection fine, but I'm a little worried about the dental. What do people get discharged for in those regards?
The medicals at Phase 1 aren't as thorough as what you had to go through at selection, if you passed it at selection you should be fine for Phase 1 unless you've put on weight since then. We lost a couple of people due to their BMI being too high but that's about it. They'll also take a bit of blood and give you some injections too. Dental should be fine unless you've got an absolute sh!t state in your mouth and even if you do, they will probably give you some dental appointments at a later date to sort it out.