ATC Pirbright - Thread for those joining in 2018

It will say on your Portal but like you say the Portal is broke more often than not. Just phone the helpline, I find they are normally very helpfull.
Just got my conditional for 2nd July but hasn't stated Pirbright/Winch? anyone else that date? - Cant get on my Portal so having to keep ringing the Helpline is so irritating!

Do you get much 'down time'? I'm expecting to not be able to use phones at all so trying to organise around it but I'm moving house in the middle of phase one so I need to try and keep updated as often as I can for obvious reasons.

and how long off between basic and phase 2 ? or none at all? Cheers.
You get a long weekend off 6 weeks through phase1, and then a week between Phase 1 and 2. You can use your phones in the evening once all your admin is sorted. (I havnt been to phase 1 yet, just going on what other people have posted).

Hey guys,

Just finished my 14 weeks at Pirbright, if you have any questions (even if they are bone). Fire away, I'll try and help as much as I can.
Do you get much 'down time'? I'm expecting to not be able to use phones at all so trying to organise around it but I'm moving house in the middle of phase one so I need to try and keep updated as often as I can for obvious reasons.

and how long off between basic and phase 2 ? or none at all? Cheers.
I'm on week 12 at the moment. You'll be very busy in the first few weeks but you can use your phones once all your lessons/activities are over. After long weekend (halfway) the schedule eases up a bit too and you get a lot more free time.

Regarding the time between Phase 1 and 2, it's different for everyone. I spoke to a couple of RAC guys the other day who were passing out on the Friday and starting Phase 2 two days later on the Monday. Sometimes it can be up to 2 weeks.

@Dizzee367
@101D

What’s the gen on ironing boards lads? I’ve looked through this thread and someone says take one, another says you can buy them at the naffi but they’re rubbish. Surely there’s no harm in taking your own?

@Dizzee367
@101D

What’s the gen on ironing boards lads? I’ve looked through this thread and someone says take one, another says you can buy them at the naffi but they’re rubbish. Surely there’s no harm in taking your own?
You can bring an ironing board with you if you want, you don't have to though. No one here brought one with them, just bring a decent iron. The ironing boards from the shop are fine, ours have lasted 13 weeks so far with no problems.

You can bring an ironing board with you if you want, you don't have to though. No one here brought one with them, just bring a decent iron. The ironing boards from the shop are fine, ours have lasted 13 weeks so far with no problems.
Thanks for that buddy, best of luck for phase 2

Maybe a crazy question, kitlist says small and large ziplock seal bags... but how big should the ‘small’ and ‘large” be as all are different depending on what shop you buy them...

Maybe a crazy question, kitlist says small and large ziplock seal bags... but how big should the ‘small’ and ‘large” be as all are different depending on what shop you buy them...
Can’t say for 100% certain exact size you’ll need but they’ll be to put your kit in on exercise. So like small ones for socks and pants etc if you can imagine that for size wise? I just bought a job load from army surplus site

Can’t say for 100% certain exact size you’ll need but they’ll be to put your kit in on exercise. So like small ones for socks and pants etc if you can imagine that for size wise? I just bought a job load from army surplus site
I’m in basic now, get big enough bags for putting clothes in, also small ones to for like tooth brush and that. Also bring a small tub and small tooth brush, small shaving foam, small tooth paste and small body wash. You will need these for exercise. Bring a shit load of twisters and MID TAN DONT BRING DARK TAN, the joining instructions are wrong. Pm me for any more info

I’m in basic now, get big enough bags for putting clothes in, also small ones to for like tooth brush and that. Also bring a small tub and small tooth brush, small shaving foam, small tooth paste and small body wash. You will need these for exercise. Bring a shit load of twisters and MID TAN DONT BRING DARK TAN, the joining instructions are wrong. Pm me for any more info
Haha yeah I thought dark tan was wrong so I’ve got some ledergris to save getting purple boots lol! Thanks for the small tub idea, makes sense I didn’t even think about what I’d put toiletries in on exercise!

Haha yeah I thought dark tan was wrong so I’ve got some ledergris to save getting purple boots lol! Thanks for the small tub idea, makes sense I didn’t even think about what I’d put toiletries in on exercise!
I only know form arriving with nothing to put them in,

I’m going AGC (SPS) and off to phase 1 on the 27th August and have been told nothing about phase 2. What do you get up to?
Its fairly relaxed here at Worthy Down, you will get the chance o visit.
All but the gym is brand new facilities..weekends can get boring so find a way to keep yourself occupied!

AND...get mega fit during Phase 1 then Phase 2 will be a breeze, the lads and I hit the gym an additional 2 times a day to make up for it!

Thank you, I was a little confused but thought they’d be for that purpose cheers

Its fairly relaxed here at Worthy Down, you will get the chance o visit.
All but the gym is brand new facilities..weekends can get boring so find a way to keep yourself occupied!

AND...get mega fit during Phase 1 then Phase 2 will be a breeze, the lads and I hit the gym an additional 2 times a day to make up for it!
Really? I thought the fitness side of things got a bit more relaxed in phase 2! Do you get weekends free to head off camp?

Latest Threads