ATC Pirbright - Thread for those joining in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Duke

LE
A new sticky thread for those hoping to undertake recruit training at ATC Pirbright during 2018.

The rules:

1. Think before you post - No personal details, no times of trains etc. Absolutely no FB links. Read the sticky thread on personal security before you start posting.

2. No such thing as a stupid question, but please make sure you use the search engine before you ask. The 2017 sticky is worth searching for answers.

3. Keep it civil. For the "old and bold", if you can't help with accurate and current information, then head over to the NAAFI to play.

Last edited:
You'll do something called a PFA during your Phase 1 training. You are tested on your press-ups and sit-ups, along with your 1.5 mile run time. You'll do this a few times, spaced out through the 14 weeks, so they can see how you are progressing.

Anyone got any rough dates for intakes?? Been told it will be the end of May but was really hoping for something sooner
I was told that they don't get the official intake dates untill April, bearing in mind im going for rmp though so they may be different. She said off the top of her head though it is late May/after May.

We are kind of treated like mushrooms at this point, fed shit, kept in the dark.

That is the same as me, my csm told me before christmas we would be aiming for march .. Phoned her yesterday to see if any word and she goes we don' have the actual date but it will be end of may /June time.

Through my whole application process i have been uncertain if I've been accepted due to asthma when i was younger and being originally told no then a lengthy appeal and now i know thats all completed now, i just want a date to look forward to.

That is the same as me, my csm told me before christmas we would be aiming for march .. Phoned her yesterday to see if any word and she goes we don' have the actual date but it will be end of may /June time.

Through my whole application process i have been uncertain if I've been accepted due to asthma when i was younger and being originally told no then a lengthy appeal and now i know thats all completed now, i just want a date to look forward to.
I really wish you could still apply via the good old recruitment center, even if you go there you have to apply online and the new system they have employed on their site is a pile of shit, an activation email that was meant to take 2 hours is on day 8 now.

@Soldier2017 - Hey guys, unsure if this is allowed here. However, I was asked to discuss my application in order to process it and upon discussing it turns out I need to fill in a Medical form but today after another phone call the girl said I must have filled in a quick medical form yet they're asking me to fill in one which isn't appearing.

The main problem is, I'm at this stage in the screenshot, not filled in a medical questionnaire and no one is saying anything progressive. Do any of you guys have an idea what stage I'm at and if and where the so-called medical form will appear on this screen as it was about 2 weeks into it to get the Development Plan section to appear & what comes after Development Stage? (I've been contacted by my chosen Regiment but nothing since).

I just want to progress and get on with my application. What is your advice?

I've posted this elsewhere with no one replying but Soldier2017 seems to be getting some problems so maybe he or anyone has answers. If it needs to be removed can someone personally mail me and then I'll delete it.

Attachments

Mate id love to help, but i had a interview and i was giving the form to fill out there and then. Then anything i was booked into was done the old fashion phone call. . does this date and time suit and a email just to confirm

Apologies i can't be of any help

@Supreme_Leader_Pennywise Have you received an email from the ATRG Medical team?

FYI for new candidates (Hopefully someone can confirm fuller details), it has been said in a couple of formal occasions the NRC are handing a lot of the recruiting process to the local careers offices, this process has started but will go full swing by 29th Jan.

Along side that the recruiting system has been changed and updated (More info in the forums), you will get frustrated but be patient. Throughout the near future recruitment will expected to have bumps, advice from someone who is heading to basic and had a SEVERAL different CSM's, if you unsure about anything ring and ask, its your future ahead.

Edited as I tagged the wrong person, someone hand me the crayons please.

@Soldier2017 Sorry about that error! Congrats and good luck!

Last edited:
@Letsago I'm off in a week or so, I originally was getting the train but my Dad being an absolute Ledge decided to drop me off.

There are a couple of guys I went to selection with who are also starting Basic at the same time and are being dropped off.

It's down to your preference really, you may meet some people on route, if not you will certainly meet them at Brookwood Station whilst waiting to get picked up.

If you are getting dropped off, there is an opportunity for Parents/Guardians/Partners to take a tour of Pirbright before they depart (according to the Joining Instructions you then must arrive prior to 10:30).

On a separate note, does anybody know what the situation is for the first day? The drop off window is 8:00AM - 13:00PM, if we arrive in the morning will we just be sitting around until everyone arrives to do Attestation etc?I presume arrival prior to 13:00 means we have the opportunity for Scoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads