ATC Pirbright - sticky thread for all discussion concerning recruit training 2019

RLC drive mate,

Anyone received the joining instructions where it says not to take an iron? Heard people say they're still taking one just wondered if any of you guys are?
My brothers an RLC driver. Based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire with 101 Logistics Brigade. Definitely a good trade to get in too. He's been in about 3 years now and traveled to Canada for 3 months where he hired a car and drove to Las Vegas with a few other squaddies. Spent 2 weeks skiing in Austria which the army paid for. He was top 5 in his reg so has just been chosen for another 4 weeks. (Currently out there now). As soon as he's back he's off to Estonia for 8 months.

As for the Iron, I'd take one 100%. The ones left behind by previous recruits were probs left behind for a reason. Better to have one that not I say.

I have also pondered on this... Everyone who I have spoken to about or has written about phase 1 having experienced it says to 100% take an Iron... but I don't fancy a bollocking on day 1 haha
Im taking one even if you do get a bollocking day one it'll be worth it when you're ironing your kit for the rest of your stay.

RLC drive mate,

Anyone received the joining instructions where it says not to take an iron? Heard people say there still taking one just wondered if any of you guys are?
Definitely take an iron - the best you can afford, we advise all candidates to take one.

You’ll only end up having to buy one while you are there otherwise (they are overpriced).

Don’t take an ironing board though.

Latest Threads