ATC Pirbright - sticky thread for all discussion concerning recruit training 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity guys. how long did it take you to get your joining date? i.e from signing up to receiving your joining date
Well for me it took longer than normal because I originally applied for another job than the one I'm going in for now, which required its own selection. I didn't quite get it so they gave me this date for my second choice. I believe I signed up online early August 2017. So if I'd not bothered with the other job role I could already be in training. I reckon at most it could take about a year. I hope this answers your question. If not feel free to ask more.

Kodak

Swinger
Yeah I'm there 25th

I applied September 2017, Had assessment in April 2018 and join date March 2019
A year and a half is a long time for an organization that claims recruitment is an issue. I can imagine a number of people drop out because of the lengthy process. I'm about 3 months in and have yet to receive a date for selection. Just want to crack on

A year and a half is a long time for an organization that claims recruitment is an issue. I can imagine a number of people drop out because of the lengthy process. I'm about 3 months in and have yet to receive a date for selection. Just want to crack on
It’ll all be worth it in the end. It’s not necessarily the army itself that’s the problem, it’s Capita too so I’ve heard. Selection isn’t too hard if you do a bit of prep beforehand either, if I passed it anyone can.

Kodak

Swinger
It’ll all be worth it in the end. It’s not necessarily the army itself that’s the problem, it’s Capita too so I’ve heard. Selection isn’t too hard if you do a bit of prep beforehand either, if I passed it anyone can.
I know for a fact it will be worth it, it's just frustrating the amount of time from applying to basic training. Just need to stick with it I guess. As for Capita... Can't say I've ever heard a good thing about them.

Tommo1999

Swinger
I know for a fact it will be worth it, it's just frustrating the amount of time from applying to basic training. Just need to stick with it I guess. As for Capita... Can't say I've ever heard a good thing about them.
I applied end of Sept 2018, face to face mid Oct2018, selection end of January 2019. Just trying to work out which job role I want to do now. Hope this helps.

Just out of curiosity guys. how long did it take you to get your joining date? i.e from signing up to receiving your joining date

I applied 10th jan this year, had selection 31st jan got my start date of 25th March, the role I’m going for is priority so was on a fast track application.

Kodak

Swinger
Overall it sounds about 6 - 12 months
I applied 10th jan this year, had selection 31st jan got my start date of 25th March, the role I’m going for is priority so was on a fast track application.
Wow, that is some fast application. What role did you end up going for?

Overall it sounds about 6 - 12 months

Wow, that is some fast application. What role did you end up going for?
RLC drive mate,

Anyone received the joining instructions where it says not to take an iron? Heard people say there still taking one just wondered if any of you guys are?

Lewh

Crow
RLC drive mate,

Anyone received the joining instructions where it says not to take an iron? Heard people say there still taking one just wondered if any of you guys are?
My joining instructions say to not bring an iron or board. So I'm not going to, doing my best to stick to the list.

MadCid

Swinger
RLC drive mate,

Although it says not to take on, I am as a lot of people have said the ones they got are shite!

McCarthy96

Swinger
I have also pondered on this... Everyone who I have spoken to about or has written about phase 1 having experienced it says to 100% take an Iron... but I don't fancy a bollocking on day 1 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads