ATC Pirbright - sticky thread for all discussion concerning recruit training 2019

Cfc1603

Swinger
Just wondering what people think of my training plan for phase 1 and hopefully make any recommendations if needed.
Monday - 3 mile Fartlek run
Tuesday- gym work
Wednesday- Rest
Thursday- 4/5 mile run
Friday - gym work
Saturday- Interval training
Sunday- rest

Kaytemonn

Swinger
Just wondering what people think of my training plan for phase 1 and hopefully make any recommendations if needed.
Monday - 3 mile Fartlek run
Tuesday- gym work
Wednesday- Rest
Thursday- 4/5 mile run
Friday - gym work
Saturday- Interval training
Sunday- rest
I'd say only have 1 rest day, but if you feel you need 2 then atleast change one to yoga/some sort of stretching exercise.

Ozzy00

Crow
Id personally say its a good plan IMO id keep the 2 rest days for recovery as you dont want to overwork yourself but I may be wrong on whats best for the body so its up to you and what you feel comfortable with

Cfc1603

Swinger
I am wondering if anyone can help me out because I have read different things, If easter falls during your phase 1 do you get leave or is that just at phase 2 and at your unit?

J3m

Crow
I'm starting 5th January too, wanted to join earlier but all spaces where full for combat medic for ages, so decided to do my second choice for RMP. I know a lot about the regiment already which is good. Shame I have to wait so long...
I'm also starting 5th Jan. Did anyone end up making a WhatsApp group for this intake?

Parnelly

Swinger
I have a WhatsApp group going for 5th January intake! Message me and I’ll add you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. Passed my 2 day assessment in September. Passed my interview with a B grade and I got 8.23 on my 2km run. Overall really good experience at Lichfield AC. I got my Phase 1 start date at Pirbright on Janaury 26th 2020. I'm aspiring to join the Army Air Corps as Aviation Ground Crew. Just wondering if there is any other people starting on the same day or also joining AAC? Good luck everyone and all the best. LG.

Cfc1603

Swinger
I start my training next march and was just wondering would it be best to carry on with more bodybuilding strength training or change to more circuit style?

The_Duke

LE
I start my training next march and was just wondering would it be best to carry on with more bodybuilding strength training or change to more circuit style?
Ask yourself - are my instructors likely to run “1 rep max” sessions, personalised to each recruit, or max effort burpees, star jumps, press ups etc.

Latest Threads