ATC Pirbright - sticky thread for all discussion concerning recruit training 2019

Tomb%

Crow
Hey lads im going on 13/10/2019 to Pirbright lad what you lads joining? See you there lads on the 13 I'm tom cheers

jaea

Swinger
Anyone ordering the kit lot that you can preorder? I'm adding up the cost of everything on Amazon and it comes to about 70ish, but that's including a few more of everything (tent pegs, twisties, energizer brand headlamp, good quality combination cable padlocks, etc.)

Also wondering why 6 padlocks are recommended, I know you need to lock your shit up otherwise it'll either get stolen or thrown about by training staff to teach you a lesson, but 6 seems a fair amount considering they're a fair price each. Do the ones that come with the kit lot have combinations or are they just the cheap brass ones? 6 seems a bit excessive, but I'm not sure what needs to be locked up yet.
you need more than 6 locks pal, you have 2 civvie lockers (for your own personal shite)
4 military lockers (uniform and kit etc), and you will also need to secure ur shite whilst it is stored in the drying room or storage room - i would suggest getting at least 8 and for them to be combi locks

Evening all, for once I have a serious topic and question. My daughter is about to join the Army, she was a little bit out on selection for her run, 30 seconds too slow, she’s normally a fair runner, very strong upper body, but we put the failure down to worry and lack of sleep. Anyway, despite passing everything else, including intelligence tests etc. with flying colours, she is about to start 4 weeks pre-training PT course, prior to phase 1. She has been told she will be subject to mil law etc. My question(s) is, will she receive uniform at this stage, reggy number etc. and what can she expect from her working day and how many hours a day. She has already been told she will have no days off and no leave during this period. I ask, because nothing like this was available or even heard of 35 years ago when I was in phase 1.

Pittie

Swinger
Evening all, for once I have a serious topic and question. My daughter is about to join the Army, she was a little bit out on selection for her run, 30 seconds too slow, she’s normally a fair runner, very strong upper body, but we put the failure down to worry and lack of sleep. Anyway, despite passing everything else, including intelligence tests etc. with flying colours, she is about to start 4 weeks pre-training PT course, prior to phase 1. She has been told she will be subject to mil law etc. My question(s) is, will she receive uniform at this stage, reggy number etc. and what can she expect from her working day and how many hours a day. She has already been told she will have no days off and no leave during this period. I ask, because nothing like this was available or even heard of 35 years ago when I was in phase 1.
Can't help much, all I know is they get issued PT kit (same as the army issued I believe), and some non-PT clothes for the other aspects of the course. It must be a pretty new thing as the people on my selection at the beginning of the year had to reattend ADSC after a month or three if they failed the fitness aspect, don't think any of them were offered this.

Can't help much, all I know is they get issued PT kit (same as the army issued I believe), and some non-PT clothes for the other aspects of the course. It must be a pretty new thing as the people on my selection at the beginning of the year had to reattend ADSC after a month or three if they failed the fitness aspect, don't think any of them were offered this.
I’ve been told this pre-training 4 weeks course is not offered to many, basically you have to excel in all other areas and the course is for pre-phase 1 only, not got those already serving.

Pittie

Swinger
I’ve been told this pre-training 4 weeks course is not offered to many, basically you have to excel in all other areas and the course is for pre-phase 1 only, not got those already serving.
Aye, if she's desperate to know, her recruiter/candidate support manager/NRC staff might have some info, although she might need to ring around and try all of them to get an answer, I ring up 4 times and get 4 different answers. The only info I can find online are those Youtube videos which are just 2 minute testimonials with no real info on the course.

jaea

Swinger
good evening, i attended the second running of this course on the 25th august to the 20th september. we were issued uniform and looked like other recruits. we were also given service numbers that carry on with us. the course is very good for building physical robustness and many people dropped minutes off their run time when effort was put in. i was on the course because i lacked confidence, i have now been given a phase 1 start date.

the working day is pretty much the same as phase 1 - although a little more relaxed.

wake up for breakfast at 6am, after breakfast block jobs and admin, 7 is sick parade as standard, after that the day will be filled with lessons, pt or it will be free time to do admin and familiarise yourself with your kit. we had drill lessons and mental resilience lessons etc.

we normally finished the day at 5pm although we often had locker and block inspections every day so we were finished at 10-11 each night - getting our kit ready for the next day. it can vary on day to day sometimes it’ll be 15 hour working day or sometimes 19 hour work days.

the best bit of the course was the 3 day adventurous training we had in sennybridge - rock climbing and hillwalking. the training staff are all very experienced and know what they need to do.
a bonus is that we got paid 1,200 for the four weeks so she will be set for phase 1.

i honestly hope your daughter enjoys the course and finds it helpful as i have. if you have any more queries - don’t be afraid to drop a message :) hope this helps

Aye, if she's desperate to know, her recruiter/candidate support manager/NRC staff might have some info, although she might need to ring around and try all of them to get an answer, I ring up 4 times and get 4 different answers. The only info I can find online are those Youtube videos which are just 2 minute testimonials with no real info on the course.
Yeah she’s tried that too, different answers from each person she talks to, recruitment, Army training, etc etc

good evening, i attended the second running of this course on the 25th august to the 20th september. we were issued uniform and looked like other recruits. we were also given service numbers that carry on with us. the course is very good for building physical robustness and many people dropped minutes off their run time when effort was put in. i was on the course because i lacked confidence, i have now been given a phase 1 start date.

the working day is pretty much the same as phase 1 - although a little more relaxed.

wake up for breakfast at 6am, after breakfast block jobs and admin, 7 is sick parade as standard, after that the day will be filled with lessons, pt or it will be free time to do admin and familiarise yourself with your kit. we had drill lessons and mental resilience lessons etc.

we normally finished the day at 5pm although we often had locker and block inspections every day so we were finished at 10-11 each night - getting our kit ready for the next day. it can vary on day to day sometimes it’ll be 15 hour working day or sometimes 19 hour work days.

the best bit of the course was the 3 day adventurous training we had in sennybridge - rock climbing and hillwalking. the training staff are all very experienced and know what they need to do.
a bonus is that we got paid 1,200 for the four weeks so she will be set for phase 1.

i honestly hope your daughter enjoys the course and finds it helpful as i have. if you have any more queries - don’t be afraid to drop a message hope this helps
That’s really helpful, thanks for message.

Latest Threads