ATC Pirbright - sticky thread for all discussion concerning recruit training 2019

For those that have finished phase one or nearly finished What kind of lessons do we have during the weekends? Field craft lessons, light duties or is it mainly admin?
Thanks
Skill at arms, CBRN, battlefield casualty drills, drill, padre lessons, pt, the list goes on..

Didn’t realise you said weekend in your post lol. My troop had thee odd pt session on a Saturday and I don’t think we had any classroom lessons.

Dhh01

Crow
Anyone got 5th January as their start date? I’m going in as Electronics Technician in REME, I’d have been going in much sooner if I was a bloke... I had my selection on 4th July
I'm starting 5th January too, wanted to join earlier but all spaces where full for combat medic for ages, so decided to do my second choice for RMP. I know a lot about the regiment already which is good. Shame I have to wait so long...

GusC223

Swinger
Also I don’t suppose anyone with a fairly soon intake date has been sent a kit list? Still waiting on mine

Pittie

Swinger
Also I don’t suppose anyone with a fairly soon intake date has been sent a kit list? Still waiting on mine
Don't have mine yet either, going to wait until about a month before then I'll ring. I wouldn't trust the portal with giving you it on time, I've had nothing but bother with it, it still shits out random portal messages that aren't relevant that my recruiter always tells me to ignore.

Need to find out about opticians as well from my recruiter, due for another eye test during training so am not sure if I should go down early and get it done before my start date or if there's accommodations for it, might be a daft question but I have no idea.

What are you all doing about your car insurance? I don't know if it's worth renewing in October if I've got about 7-ish months of not using it, and I'll save myself the 50 quid admin fee they charge to change your job title.

GusC223

Swinger
Don't have mine yet either, going to wait until about a month before then I'll ring. I wouldn't trust the portal with giving you it on time, I've had nothing but bother with it, it still shits out random portal messages that aren't relevant that my recruiter always tells me to ignore.

Need to find out about opticians as well from my recruiter, due for another eye test during training so am not sure if I should go down early and get it done before my start date or if there's accommodations for it, might be a daft question but I have no idea.

What are you all doing about your car insurance? I don't know if it's worth renewing in October if I've got about 7-ish months of not using it, and I'll save myself the 50 quid admin fee they charge to change your job title.
I would just get the eye test done earlier, once you’re there that’s it so I can’t imagine they’ll let you leave for an eye test, unless you fancy doing it on the long weekend half way through? As for car insurance I would just bin it, I’m selling my car as well as not gonna need it for a long time

Parnelly

Swinger

Once you join up it’ll be free to have an eye test and if you need one they’ll put you in for one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is on the 27th of October intake and wants adding to our Whatsapp group, drop me a message

Last edited:

Pittie

Swinger
I've been waiting since March for the same intake.
Pretty much the same mate, passed my selection back in Feb so it's been a bit of a wait, I just want to get going now. I've stopped going out on the motorbike this past week because I know some Fiat 500 will pull out on me 2 weeks before I start.

Latest Threads