ATC Pirbright - sticky thread for all discussion concerning recruit training 2019

Got my selection next week, not expecting any issues and as such I have been looking for potential intake dates for Pirbright.
Anyone have any ideas when the next 2-3 intakes would be. Got lots of family stuff to sort out and as I am planning on taking the first available date I would love to know roughly how long I might have so I can get stuff squared away.
Yeah it depends on your role and how much of a priority it is.

<- Survey Engineer. Passed ADSC in Feb-19, start @ Pirbright in Nov-19.

Comms Engineer should get you in between 2-3 months from passing ADSC if it is listed as priority.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Next question. I have only seen the kit list they show on the Pirbright section of the Army website. It says NOT to bring an iron and ironing board? This seems odd, are they provided or do they want you to purchase the crappy NAAFI ones?

[EDIT] OK I read earlier in the thread that irons are now allowed again but not ironing boards? And are they strict on the 1200w limit? Would be a shame not to use my current iron :(How soon after selection do they take to give you the kit list, or is it given to you there and then if you are successful?

Last edited:

Next question. I have only seen the kit list they show on the Pirbright section of the Army website. It says NOT to bring an iron and ironing board? This seems odd, are they provided or do they want you to purchase the crappy NAAFI ones?

[EDIT] OK I read earlier in the thread that irons are now allowed again but not ironing boards? And are they strict on the 1200w limit? Would be a shame not to use my current iron :(How soon after selection do they take to give you the kit list, or is it given to you there and then if you are successful?
You receive the kit list once you have a date secured for Phase 1 and nearer the time, not immediately upon passing ADSC

I've read a few times now that people are saying just bring any wattage iron, but don't hold me to it, wait for someone who's already at Pirbright to reply

Latest Threads