ATC Pirbright - sticky thread for all discussion concerning recruit training 2019

Start date is 23rd on june going in artillery wessex gunners 32nd reg , also with regards p coy and all arms can the wessex gunners do those? Or is it only specific regiments that can take part in them?

Start date is 23rd on june going in artillery wessex gunners 32nd reg , also with regards p coy and all arms can the wessex gunners do those? Or is it only specific regiments that can take part in them?
From countless hours of research... Everyone will get the opportunity to do P Coy and AACC, and if there are vacancies in either of the support regiments they'll offer you a place. However, this is role dependent. If you were Geo or Armoured for example then you wouldn't get an offer, but you would still be able to do the course like everyone else and get your wings / flash etc.

From countless hours of research... Everyone will get the opportunity to do P Coy and AACC, and if there are vacancies in either of the support regiments they'll offer you a place. However, this is role dependent. If you were Geo or Armoured for example then you wouldn't get an offer, but you would still be able to do the course like everyone else and get your wings / flash etc.
Top that, thanks

The_Duke

LE
You should bank on only getting an opportunity to do those courses if you are posted to a Para or Cdo roled unit, or by exception before posting . They are training for a defined purpose and role, and budgets (and unit workloads) are unlikely to support all and sundry having a go who fancy it.

I can second that, my interviewer on assessment weekend said trades such as signals and engineers get prioritised for the para or cdo job, but anyone in the army can do the courses

Got my selection next week, not expecting any issues and as such I have been looking for potential intake dates for Pirbright.
Anyone have any ideas when the next 2-3 intakes would be. Got lots of family stuff to sort out and as I am planning on taking the first available date I would love to know roughly how long I might have so I can get stuff squared away.

Got my selection next week, not expecting any issues and as such I have been looking for potential intake dates for Pirbright.
Anyone have any ideas when the next 2-3 intakes would be. Got lots of family stuff to sort out and as I am planning on taking the first available date I would love to know roughly how long I might have so I can get stuff squared away.
Well I'm on the intake at Pirbright on the 26th of May and that's so full they've had to send the overflow to Winchester so I'm assuming you're looking at Mid June / Early July maybe?

Hi mate apparently intakes are now weekly/every two weeks. Pirbright is very busy right now over 1k recruits I’ve heard...
intakes usually depend on job choice as it has to match up with phase 2 training start dates... what you going for?

Really depends on job role mate. I went to selection 13th of December and passed was offered may 26th had to turn the down for an August date due to sixth form. Some people at my selection were being loaded for January.... So it really depends on what your going in as. For example I'm going in as an air tech, and the August is the next avaliable intake after the May one.

Armourer, Comms Systems Engineer or Ammo Tech are my 3 choices.
I’d assume you’d yet an earlier intake for the Comms Enginner/ Systems Op as it’s listed as a priority.. however I couldn’t say that’s accurate as I have no idea when the intakes for. your other roles were. Best thing to to is speak to your CSM, or message other guys on here who’ve posted their dates?

Latest Threads