ATC Pirbright 2022 sticky - all Pirbright related chat in here

leaky5

Clanker
My son is starting at Pirbright in May. Quick couple of questions as the kit and joining instruction link seems to be down right now.
1/ We are having a big argument about what to turn up in, everything I have seen and read in the past says smart clothes, jacket, tie etc. He says this is not the case anymore.
2/ What is the length of the course, we thought it was 14 weeks, but the end date he has been given would make it 16 weeks.
3/ When are the breaks, we thought it said end of 5th and 10th weeks.
4/ Do they still give out the welcome pack as below ?
-Head touch.
-Tracksuit.
-Waterproof note pad and case.
-Tent pegs.
-Bungees.
-Flask.
-Waterproof bags.
-Wash bag with small mirror.
-8 padlocks which are lock and key.

Thanks
Richard

My son is starting at Pirbright in May. Quick couple of questions as the kit and joining instruction link seems to be down right now.
1/ We are having a big argument about what to turn up in, everything I have seen and read in the past says smart clothes, jacket, tie etc. He says this is not the case anymore.
2/ What is the length of the course, we thought it was 14 weeks, but the end date he has been given would make it 16 weeks.
-Head touch.
-Tracksuit.
-Tent pegs.
-Bungees.
-Flask.
-Waterproof bags.

Thanks
Richard
He should've been given the info on what to wear. It used to be smart attire but may have changed. If in doubt, contact the candidate support manager he has.

It might be due to certain leave dates occuring during his training which will extend it by 2 weeks.

Weekend of week 7 used to be long weekend with no other periods of going home (unless as previously stated annual leave periods happen)

Last I heard they still offered them, but in my opinion it's best to have spare bungees and pegs etc as a back up.

leaky5

Clanker
Just had a couple of things confirmed.

The kit list only now says shirt/blouse and trousers/skirt to arrive in, no mention of suit/tie.

Get you in pack FOC-
6 Padlocks
Tent pegs
wash bag
flask
sewing kit
torch
waterproof note book
waterproof bags
polish cloth
trouser elastics

Just had a couple of things confirmed.

The kit list only now says shirt/blouse and trousers/skirt to arrive in, no mention of suit/tie.

Get you in pack FOC-
6 Padlocks
Tent pegs
wash bag
flask
sewing kit
torch
waterproof note book
waterproof bags
polish cloth
trouser elastics
They expect you to still arrive in smart attire like a shirt and tie etc.

D

Deleted 186086

-Head touch.
-Tracksuit.
-Tent pegs.
-Bungees.
-Flask.
-Waterproof bags.

Thanks
Richard
All the permanent staff & recruits get first 2 weeks in August off for summer leave.
Hence your son/daughter will get to party in Ibiza, but be warned CDT's are planned for returning recruits!!

leaky5

Clanker
All the permanent staff & recruits get first 2 weeks in August off for summer leave.
Hence your son/daughter will get to party in Ibiza, but be warned CDT's are planned for returning recruits!!
Cheers. I might forget to tell him his passport had expired then

leaky5

Clanker
A couple of updates from yesterdays drop off. Parent tours and talk are now back on and the Europe trip is now back on

I have just got my intake date two days ago , I did selection in April 2021, I’m going in as a dog handler so my wait has been longer , my start date is 5th June , I’d probably give your careers office a quick call and ask?
my start dates also 5th June, lets go
joining RA like the rest a my family

Latest Threads