ATC Pirbright 2021 Sticky - All Pirbright chat in here

Goose1991

Clanker
Hey bro you dont mind me asking are You Going Royal Corps of Engineers ?. how did you find the Technical Selection Test
Yeah engineers. And the tst I found pretty daunting. With being older 29, the last time I did maths was GCSE. But I used the one they send out to practice, I bought a GCSE math revision book and then just worked on the ones I found hard. With only needing 30 out of 50 i think to cover all roles. I made sure I knew ew
Hey bro you dont mind me asking are You Going Royal Corps of Engineers ?. how did you find the Technical Selection Test
No problem. Being a bit older 29 I the thought of a math test was daunting. But I used the practice one they send, and I bought a gcse maths revision book. And found the ones I struggled with and worked on them.

I think you only need 30/50 to cover all roles. So I made sure I knew the answers to enough to cover that mark. And then was pot luck on the rest. Ended up doing well and got an A overall in selection and all roles available.

Hope that helps mate

Jam12bix

Old-Salt
Yeah engineers. And the tst I found pretty daunting. With being older 29, the last time I did maths was GCSE. But I used the one they send out to practice, I bought a GCSE math revision book and then just worked on the ones I found hard. With only needing 30 out of 50 i think to cover all roles. I made sure I knew ew

No problem. Being a bit older 29 I the thought of a math test was daunting. But I used the practice one they send, and I bought a gcse maths revision book. And found the ones I struggled with and worked on them.

I think you only need 30/50 to cover all roles. So I made sure I knew the answers to enough to cover that mark. And then was pot luck on the rest. Ended up doing well and got an A overall in selection and all roles available.

Hope that helps mate
Yea Bro that Helps alot thank you. could you send me the TST sample you got

hi was jus wondering if anybody could help me, I’ve got my AC date for the 13th of March I’ve been training my running for a while now and now feel confident enough that I can pass the bleep test which was my only concern, but today I trained a 20m bleep test with a friend who done his AC back in late Jan and he got a 8.6 there, but when he trained with me today he was convinced that the bleep test at the AC was a lot shorter have they changed the distance? Also he had to achieve a 7.9 in Jan for royal engineers but when I received the info for my AC it’s been put to a 7.5 was just wondering if anyone can confirm any of these things for me, I’ll continue training on the 20m just to be safe

hi was jus wondering if anybody could help me, I’ve got my AC date for the 13th of March I’ve been training my running for a while now and now feel confident enough that I can pass the bleep test which was my only concern, but today I trained a 20m bleep test with a friend who done his AC back in late Jan and he got a 8.6 there, but when he trained with me today he was convinced that the bleep test at the AC was a lot shorter have they changed the distance? Also he had to achieve a 7.9 in Jan for royal engineers but when I received the info for my AC it’s been put to a 7.5 was just wondering if anyone can confirm any of these things for me, I’ll continue training on the 20m just to be safe
Hi, Yes the requirement for a few roles have been lowered from 7.9 to 7.5 including RE and when I done my bleep test at AC it did seem shorter distance wise.

Latest Threads