Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATC Pirbright 2021 Sticky - All Pirbright chat in here

Is anyone else still waiting for a date? I done my Assessment on the 3rd of feb and been advised they don't have the dates yet, how long did it take you's after passing to get your date?

Is anyone else still waiting for a date? I done my Assessment on the 3rd of feb and been advised they don't have the dates yet, how long did it take you's after passing to get your date?
To be fair mate, I had an idea of a date on the day of AC. Guess circumstances must've changed. I know there are some problems at Pirbright due to COVID hence why I have been moved to Winchester, I'd just call them up and keep chasing it.

Mkue

Swinger
I'm waiting for one too, passed my AC last week although was told I need to wait for a date as there's no spaces for my role in the next intakes and my CSM said they can't see any new training dates after March yet

I'm waiting for one too, passed my AC last week although was told I need to wait for a date as there's no spaces for my role in the next intakes and my CSM said they can't see any new training dates after March yet
Same here. Apparently they can't see dates for after April because its done by quarter and April goes in to Q2 of 2021. I am told there will be intake for mid April but don't have a date yet. What cap badge are you wanting to join?

Mkue

Swinger
Same here. Apparently they can't see dates for after April because its done by quarter and April goes in to Q2 of 2021. I am told there will be intake for mid April but don't have a date yet. What cap badge are you wanting to join?
Wanting to join royal signals - my contract for my current job ends end of next month so I'm hoping I can get in ASAP so I don't have to get another job whilst i wait to start training! What you looking to join?

Wanting to join royal signals - my contract for my current job ends end of next month so I'm hoping I can get in ASAP so I don't have to get another job whilst i wait to start training! What you looking to join?
Same here mate Signals. I passed AC last week and looks like I narrowly missed out on a March intake, but my recruiter has told me it will be in April, so I'm gonna finish work at end of march and take beginning of April off to train & prepare

Mkue

Swinger
Same here mate Signals. I passed AC last week and looks like I narrowly missed out on a March intake, but my recruiter has told me it will be in April, so I'm gonna finish work at end of march and take beginning of April off to train & prepare
Yeah I feel the same happened to me with just missing out on the last intakes, hopefully I'll be able to get on the April intake too as it would align pretty well with finishing my job, will keep asking my CSM without nagging them too much.

Yeah I feel the same happened to me with just missing out on the last intakes, hopefully I'll be able to get on the April intake too as it would align pretty well with finishing my job, will keep asking my CSM without nagging them too much.
Let me know if you hear anything about dates mate & I'll do the same for you - that way can double both our chances of getting on the next intake if we get our recruiters to secure the slots before anyone else

So, my son was on Final Fling exercise- hes just notified me that he got injured during casevaccing exercise and has a fractured tibia- what would normally happen now?

So, my son was on Final Fling exercise- hes just notified me that he got injured during casevaccing exercise and has a fractured tibia- what would normally happen now?
It's hard to say 100%. It has been a long time since I was near Pirbright, but I personally knew of one bloke who did something similar, who was allowed to pass out of training but obviously did not take part in their pass out parade. Whay happened to him regarding phase 2 I don't know.

It's also possible he may go into Sword Company. Used to be that fracture injuries would result in being sent home to recuperate then come back into Gold Platoon in Sword for physio etc. Then into Juno Platoon for some remedial lessons/phys, then slotted into a new platoon later on. How that would work with Covid at the minute I couldn't say.

It'll come down to a lot of factors and discussion between the relevant people. If he goes to Sword, then they have excellent facilities and people there to get him fixed.

So this happened at 6:40- he walked from rondevouz point to the vehicle to be transported out -by the time he was x-rayed and back on barracks they've gold starred him and put him in Normandy company. Physio at 14:30 confirmed hairline fracture and he can weight bare for few minutes still ...seems a waste to back troop when he has come so close to passing out....
Slightly peeved that I have not officially been notified of the injury etc considering he is under 18.....

Goose1991

Swinger
To be fair mate, I had an idea of a date on the day of AC. Guess circumstances must've changed. I know there are some problems at Pirbright due to COVID hence why I have been moved to Winchester, I'd just call them up and keep chasing it.
What’s the crack at Pirbright like ?
Just got my date for the 2nd of May at Winchester
just got mine as well 18th of April. It’s strange because my CSM told me I would be going 21/3 anyone know why that may have changed

So this happened at 6:40- he walked from rondevouz point to the vehicle to be transported out -by the time he was x-rayed and back on barracks they've gold starred him and put him in Normandy company. Physio at 14:30 confirmed hairline fracture and he can weight bare for few minutes still ...seems a waste to back troop when he has come so close to passing out....
Slightly peeved that I have not officially been notified of the injury etc considering he is under 18.....
To be fair, they may not be wanting to panic parents until they have accurate info, assessed the next steps, then get round to making contact. Problem is that with mobiles etc, it's nigh on impossible to get ahead of the info getting to parents, before they've even decided on a plan of action.

Latest Threads