ATC Pirbright 2021 Sticky - All Pirbright chat in here

Currently just started. Ive asked the TS but no one seems to know the answer - whats the crack with the long weekend? Ive heard mixed things.

I know its training and everyone mucks in etc. Its just so i can be upfront with the other half and let her know wether its happening or not. Thanks in advance
It was cancelled last weekend so looks like no long weekend at the moment but things keep changing

Hi I start training 27th of June. I am a rejoiner and spent a bit of time training with the Marines. We had the ability to go into town on the weekends with each other, but had to be back by curfew. Does anyone know if this is the same at Pirbirght? Thanks

Hi I start training 27th of June. I am a rejoiner and spent a bit of time training with the Marines. We had the ability to go into town on the weekends with each other, but had to be back by curfew. Does anyone know if this is the same
Fat chance of that happening - you get a long weekend in week 7 if you're lucky. Apart from that you wont be going anywhere on weekends until you pass out!

Fat chance of that happening - you get a long weekend in week 7 if you're lucky. Apart from that you wont be going anywhere on weekends until you pass out!
Thanks for the quick reply mate. Any reason as to why that’s the case? I know guys at Catterick and ATC Winchester get the chance to pop into town. The GF will be disappointed haha!

Thanks for the quick reply mate. Any reason as to why that’s the case? I know guys at Catterick and ATC Winchester get the chance to pop into town. The GF will be disappointed haha!
No dramas! Its a phase 1 establishment, im pretty sure if you're going down the inf route and going catterick - as thats your actual trade as well. The first 6 weeks ish, you're restricted to camp and then weekends are your own (you're there for several months)
I dont believe ATC Winchester rcts are allowed out - i know there are asigned soldier development days where you will go out as a section (in civvies) to coduct tasks such as Land Nav etc. Apart from that bud i'm pretty sure winchester is the same as pibright - you will not get to go home but you will have plenty of time on weekends and weekdays (after the working day) to ring home etc.
I'm in the same boat, Mrs isn't best pleased. But its the nature of the beast!

Anything else, feel free to send a DM
Good Luck

Latest Threads