At the kerb, stop...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by putteesinmyhands, Feb 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ...look right, look left, look right again and if all's clear, walk quickly across.

Road crossing ads axed.
    BBC News - Children's road safety TV adverts axed in England

Tufty must have saved countless kids' lives. The Green Cross Man probably saved less - after all, what responsible kid would hold hands with a complete stranger, especially one dressed like him?

Now, adverts are deemed a waste of money. Hardly a surprise, given that kids just walk in front of cars because they know their rights. You're not allowed to run them down, so it must be their right to step out in front of you.

Come to think of it, it's been a while since I saw Joe and Petunia encouraging us to dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard...
  2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Responsible parents will teach their youngsters road safety, those that aren't, won't.

If this means a thinning out the chav population I'll reluctantly accept it.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. If only thinning out of the chav population didn't involve loss of no-claims bonus, I'd agree with you.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. What about RoSPA Cycling Proficiancy for Hoodies on BMX bikes. "Wotcha mean I ain't allowed on da fuckin' pavement!"
    Those Coastguard type ads discriminate against people who can't get to the beach for numpty cliff climbing or cutting off by incoming tides and makes them sad, so VERBOTTEN!
  5. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Didn't even realise they still went on, but then don't let the kids watch TV, I just send them outside to play in the road!
  6. Natural selection, if you're stupid enough not to look when you cross the road then it's god's will.
  7. Saturday morning;

Read the Sparkey and Victor.

Had my beans and processed sausage out of a can Nicked from 24 hr ration packs provided by the TA tea leaf two floors down.

Got Airfix kit from corner shop, paper on the cofee table ready to make it and getting high on the glue fumes.

bottle of purple Cresta ready to drink.

Telly warmed up.

Ten minutes of watching these scaring the be jaysus out of me and I'm ready for the Banana splits.

All by ten AM.

Then an afternoon out in the old quarry on the raft made out of old pallets, a quick game of chicken on the railway then throw a few stones at the transformers at the back of Avro's to see if you could get them to spark or change the note of the hummmmm. Ho and a quick game of grab the rope in the loading shaft of Hollins mill. The one you got into by walking along the 18" ledge 20' up over the mill race.
    Then back to grans to watch Jim'll fix it. where is the harm in that day?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Cornflakes, then off to Belle Vale Swimming Pool (I've posted this before). No petting, diving or bombing. Back home for cheese on toast and tomato soup, then chucked out of the house to make dens and illegally smerk (yeah, like my mum sussed that) until Scouse O'Clock and a bit of Brookie.

Eeeeh, these kids don't know they were born.
  9. Any campaign that calls for kids or adults to stop texting, gaming, or telephoning whilst walking, cycling or driving, is doomed to failure......
    • Like Like x 1
  10. We all have sacrifices to make in the struggle for a better tomorrow. You could also fit nudge bars (say you are doing it as ironic 80s retro-kitsch if you prefer to be generally thought of as a ******** than a bastard).
  11. Not the thread on Top Tips for Ramraiders I was expecting.

12. ... Jim'll Fixit...

Sent from ma hoose.