At the Going down of the Sun...and in the Morning

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Goatman, Nov 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

2. What a fitting tribute, Rest in Peace lads. I will say a prayer for you. safe Home
  3. Worst time of year this.

I'm sorry, but I would rather go away and forget about it all for a week to be honest.

I can't afford it right now though, so I will have to take my family into Liverpool for the services.

I'm looking forward to it, but dreading it at the same time. if that makes any sense.
  4. To those that made the ultimate sacrifice, we salute and WILL remember you!
  5. A very moving tribute.

Rest in peace lads.

There are alot of good brit videos on youtube at the moment.

Hats off to those who make them.
  6. Thank you T6, that's a great tribute.

Why I am reminded of Yeats, I don't know but:

7. Was expecting it to be mawkish, but actually very moving stuff and well-put-together. Thanks tomahawk6
  8. PB you're spot on with that.
  9. That is beautiful - very moving and done with immense dignity.

Thanks also to PB for reminding me of Yeats' poem. I read it at a Remembrance Service last year - it is probably more relevant now than it has been since it was written.
  10. Even though alot of those photos have been used repeatedly, it was a good tribute. I thought the pic of the soldier reading Band of Brothers was particularly powerful, I don't know why.
  11. Good video, bit of a shocker to see a friends face pop up half way through, but definitely a fitting tribute.
  12. Come Saturday, those with any sense of respect in my neck of the woods will remember those Canadians who served and still serve..

Boer War: 7,400 served, 224 died, 252 wounded
    WWI: 626,000 served, 61,663 died, 174,623 wounded [ 3 vets left ]
    WWII 1.1 million served, 42,042 died, 54,414 wounded
    Korea: 26,000 served, 516 died, 1,567 wounded
    Peacekeeping: [ since 1950 ] 125,000 served, 122 died
    Afghanistan: 8,000 served, 42 died, 250+ wounded

for me, I've my own personal remembrance, as my son is serving as an UNMO in the Sudan - south Darfur
  13. Very moving, thanks for that one. I'll put this wonderful video's link out one again for anyone who missed the thread on it a few months back:

CPL Bobby Warns, 23