AT Re-enlistment

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Needles, Mar 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm an ex AT and have been out for just over three years. I'm seriously considering the idea of coming back in (not always greener and that...). Looking at the threads on here and Cake & Arse, it is a very different trade these days and there are a lot of negative comments. I would really appreciate your thoughts guys; honest ones please. Is it worth coming back in?

2. Nope! I'm just about to get on a plane to Dubai.

See you.
  3. TWU, did you set up an account under the name needles??? Theres no shame in missing the Sqn mate
  4. It'll be a long day in hell before I miss that. Currently sat in exec lounge at Manchester with free beer and spirits. and as an added bonus the flight is delayed!!

See you on FTRS when this all goes tits up. ;)
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Don't listen to TUW. Course it's worth coming back to the fold. Just invest in a Wedge Mess Kit.
  6. We are no longer an Operational pinpoint trade, but still a pinpoint trade.

We are still at 40 - 60% undermanned at SSgt, but there is still uncertainty over the renewing of the SSgt FTRS contracts!

I think it will depend on your rank & qualifications.
  7. OK, I'll bite! FF - is that a wah?

Ammo Tech is still an Operational Pinch Point Trade. 11 Regt is still undermanned at approx 70% at AT SNCO level (Sgt/SSgt), and is still being thrashed in providing the vast majority of IEDD(N) operators, and increasing numbers of IEDD(D) ops - in addition to most of the EOD SO2, SO3, SAT, WISWO, ASD posts, and all the UK MACP roles. DEMSS is undermanned (or just incompetant), and 11 Regt also has to backfill instuctor posts and provide staff and support for most EOD cses (upto and including AMT). In addition, despite it being a training function, 11 Regt also gets spammed with all the STTTs because DEMSS can't provide.

I foresee any returning AT being welcomed with open arms!
  8. OK I give up. What is Cake and Arse?
  9. You might even be able to blag a golden hello if you can pass the HT course sharpish - I suggest you ring the CRLO PDQ.
  10. [Insert Jedi mind trick] This is not the website you are looking for...
  11. Even me........................?
  12. Untitled Document

You won't like it!
  13. Cheers Whingingpom - I know it's been a while, but who is this? Please PM me...
  14. B F BDH,

We can stamp our feet all we want and try and use the power of positive thought but it doesn’t change the fact that it was announced this week that we are no longer an Operational Pinch point Trade.

Which means that if you sign off, like the rest of the Army, you will not be able to sign back on.

Edited for bad england
  15. Well 421 Sqn needs an SP storeman!