• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

AT Promotion

I see there were 17 AT's on the Board on Friday from SSgt to WOII.
And I thought we were trying to slow down the ridiculous promotion :?:

I didnt think we needed 17 WOII's :?:

20? lets make it 30 :!:

Fcuk it lets just give everyone Sgt when they pass the T2 cse and give them SSgt when they do the T1.
If they pass JS as an operator then they automatically get WOII.

What do you think :?:

Big-Guns-Mallone said:

Fcuk it lets just give everyone Sgt when they pass the T2 cse and give them SSgt when they do the T1.

"Bloody Hell" Panto/MCM Divs master plan has been leaked!

Big-Guns-Mallone said:

Now now B-G-M. No need to get like that. Promotion boards are a fair and just way of selecting individuals for promotion. (Although if they were all in one unit I think the results may have been different :))

Oberleutnant_vn_Genschler said:
Big-Guns-Mallone said:

"Bloody Hell" Panto/MCM Divs master plan has been leaked!
And surely RLC Cse should = WO1! (That should get a nibble!)

MCM Div can't stop a promotion board leaking, so what chance this plan?!?

Fairs, fair - they didn't just write their own CRs. Anyway with 17, 1 can do a full days work and the others can all do shift work on the other 8.

I saw a few AT names on last week's WO2 board that I've worked with over the years, I suspect some of them are even users of this site - if you were one of the lucky few, Well Done. :wink:

I hear today that there is now an extra WO2 added to the board for WO1. Well done to him. It is just a shame he had to make a challenge for MCM Div to realise a mistake had been made on the original board. Apparently those involved were arithmetically challenged and can’t do simple addition relying heavily on a spreadsheet! Confidence in MCM Div and the promotion board process surely can’t get any worse?

So in the end it was only 8 AT's from Sgt to SSgt. Get your PPP's in early as MCM Div has one hell of a lot of postings to sort out. Silly me, no need to rush with those PPP's as the next excuse will be that they are waiting for the Cpl to Sgt board! Does Larry Grason work at MCM Div with that catch phrase "Gap that post".

You are a fortunate trade in that the quality line is so low! That said some of my bravest friends are your trade, why are you so bitter?

Explain it, you are amongst the bravest men and women in the Army - no shame there, the Corps is proud of you - nails in fact - but amongst the most bitter who post here, why?

Heard a funny thing the other day. As most ATs know, there is an unofficial 2 IEDD / Ammo split kicking around, but somebody was chatting and gave the attitude that IEDD is broken down further to the AMT and those not crowd.

God being HT is so last year - AMT in the new black. 8O

Brown_Bottlerson said:
You are a fortunate trade in that the quality line is so low! That said some of my bravest friends are your trade, why are you so bitter?

Explain it, you are amongst the bravest men and women in the Army - no shame there, the Corps is proud of you - nails in fact - but amongst the most bitter who post here, why?
Not with you on this. What is bitter about congratulating a friend on promotion? As for the MCM Div snipe, it is true and the same thing happens every year. The trade does not seem to be helping MCM Div out as no CO/OC wants line serial no's gapped.

May be for some one looking in we seem bitter as most are prepared to question and debate areas where others just accept. May be it is because passion for the trade runs high. A bit like talking about "Blood Sports", passion is high so few sit on the fence and most argue strongly for which ever side they are on.

You may also have noticed that the RLC forum has had comments regarding the general tone of most RLC posts. If anyone has any cheerful AT stuff it would be welcome. Most of our good news comes through in the form of the PATO News letter, we get them every three or four years!

Thing said:
Brown_Bottlerson said:
Personally BB I find watching M&RO thrashing youngsters into advanced promotional positions with a "sink or swim" attitude makes me a little bitter... They are gambling with peoples lives because until someone gets killed there is no problem with rapid promotion to fill the gaps left by their appalling mismanagement of our trade.
Whole heartedly agree with you Thing.

BB may I refer you to the realm of the 7 1/2 year from marching out of basic to WO2. Make up your own mind on that one.

Latest Threads