At least 20% of teachers feel they aren't respected by the pupils.

It just means that another 75% are oblivious as to what their pupils and parents think of them.

B

Biscuits_AB

Waits for the 'soldiers to teaching' mob to appear. Soldiers. Salt of the earth. Good at everything.

ugly

LE
Well if we had decent teaching to levels of the students not this mixed ability and aspirational crap then we would be moving in the right direction. Laptops cant replace pillar drills and lathes in metal work unless you are a teacher under 45 years old!

Waits for the 'soldiers to teaching' mob to appear. Soldiers. Salt of the earth. Good at everything.
Well, over the years we've been called upon to turn our hand to anything.

I always wanted gynocologist myself, working with cnuts all day I felt I was eminently qualified but they never went on strike... the f4nnies.

Which teachers would fall in to this figure do you reckon?

I'm guessing, under 30, straight from Uni.

A third of teachers face 'devastating' false claims by pupils - Telegraph
There was a case actually filmed on TV about a month ago, which confirmed this is typical! A girl of about 15 had accused a teacher of using his hand/arm to prevent her walking past him while he was telling her off! Fortunately for him the school had CCTV which proved he had done no such thing!
Without it he would have probably suffered swingeing punishment, dismissal, placing on sex offenders register et al, she despite being proved to be a malicious liar, I believe, only got a few days suspended from school, hardly fair!
The Children today are extremely aware of their RIGHTS and all the legislation that protects them, whereas Teachers have virtually no power to enforce ANY discipline, a situation which has lead to our schools being unable to control disruptive children and hence adversely affects those pupils that do want to learn!!

There was a case actually filmed on TV about a month ago, which confirmed this is typical! A girl of about 15 had accused a teacher of using his hand/arm to prevent her walking past him while he was telling her off! Fortunately for him the school had CCTV which proved he had done no such thing!
Without it he would have probably suffered swingeing punishment, dismissal, placing on sex offenders register et al, she despite being proved to be a malicious liar, I believe, only got a few days suspended from school, hardly fair!
The Children today are extremely aware of their RIGHTS and all the legislation that protects them, whereas Teachers have virtually no power to enforce ANY discipline, a situation which has lead to our schools being unable to control disruptive children which and hence adversely affects those pupils that do!!

That's the UK today, all RIGHTS and no RESPONSIBILITIES. It is always someone else's fault.

The Children today are extremely aware of their RIGHTS and all the legislation that protects them, whereas Teachers have virtually no power to enforce ANY discipline, a situation which has lead to our schools being unable to control disruptive children which and hence adversely affects those pupils that do!!
Cases like that happen quite a lot. Teachers being pulled in (in one case) for pulling two lads away from a locker (they were forcing a girl in to it), two lads fighting (the teacher got hit IIRC) etc. It doesn't help when the cretin that sh4t the sprog from their vageena or their (current) male adult rocks up and backs 'our dwayne/magners/lambrusco' and how they've been 'picked on' for 'no reason'.

Read 'It's your time you're wasting' it is funny... and tragic.

teachers should have the right to give a mouthy pupil a good clash every now and then, nothin too hard but enough to get the point across

To be honest it has little to do with teachers and everything to do with parents.

The fact that the little shits are rude, obnoxious, arrogant, have no manners and little respect for those in authority is down to piss poor parenting.

Rightly or wrongly if the teacher called my parents in because of something that I had done or not done it was me that was in the shit. Now all too often its the teacher who the parents blame.

Modern parents can't seem to accept that sometimes their kids are twats and need disciplining. Much easier to abrogate all responsibility to the school.

To be honest it has little to do with teachers and everything to do with parents.

The fact that the little shits are rude, obnoxious, arrogant, have no manners and little respect for those in authority is down to piss poor parenting.

Rightly or wrongly if the teacher called my parents in because of something that I had done or not done it was me that was in the shit. Now all too often its the teacher who the parents blame.

Modern parents can't seem to accept that sometimes their kids are twats and need disciplining. Much easier to abrogate all responsibility to the school.
But with many families relying on BOTH parents to work and often no immediate family support (ie grandparents) where do the kids learn how to behave?

Likewise, the kids lack someone to help, assist or just encourage homework.