At last some good news for ARRSERS

Sorry if it's been posted before... well actually ,I'm not as I can't be bothered checking

Not drinking alcohol in middle age increases dementia risk, says report

so most of us will be OK then

If you took notice of what the faceless numptys in government, or their agency's spout out, life would be intolerable, and very dull. My father doesn't drink, still alive at 91, my mother drinks like a fish, alive at 86, its all bollox. Everyone's different. I subscribe to the George Carlin quote:- " Never ever believe anything the government tells you"

Sorry if it's been posted before... well actually ,I'm not as I can't be bothered checking

Link?
Who says so? Is it the brewery trade?

Alcohol is bad for you.
Alcohol can be good for you.
Chocolate is bad for you.
Chocolate can be good for you.
Avoid butter.
Eat some butter.

I don't recall who said or wrote it, but "Everything in moderation". applies. Give it a few days and more helpful advice will appear.

If you took notice of what the faceless numptys in government, or their agency's spout out, life would be intolerable, and very dull. My father doesn't drink, still alive at 91, my mother drinks like a fish, alive at 86, its all bollox. Everyone's different. I subscribe to the George Carlin quote:- " Never ever believe anything the government tells you"
GOOD GOD MAN!!! It's posted in the NAAFI bar, if I was I serious about it it would be in Health and Fitness..... some people,

FFS

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

Drinking also pickles body organs - which must surely extend their shelf life.

Thus, I am drinking heavily because - like Yossarian in Catch 22 - I have decided to live forever or die in the attempt.

Wordsmith :smile:

Like the OP who couldn't be arsed to put a link in his post, I couldn't be arsed to Google it as I'm too busy getting pissed.
I won't point out the obvious fact that you expended far more effort in telling me that you couldn't be arsed to Google it than you would have done in actually Googling it.

BYKTA.

Looks like you took the dementia hit for the family then.:grin:

I won't point out the obvious fact that you expended far more effort in telling me that you couldn't be arsed to Google it than you would have done in actually Googling it.

BYKTA.
But you still did it for me :mrgreen:

Dementia is the new boogieman-buzzword for the 'do as I say' crowd. The fvckers have had their threat of cancer partially removed what with the improvements in cancer diagnosis and treatment. So they need a new threat to shout about in the media.

Ohhhh, you don't want to do that...you may enjoy it but you stand a 47% increased chance of dementia! Is that what you want? Is it? You'll end up owning 12 cats, reading the Daily mail and agreeing with it, watching soap operas and in the worst case scenario, thinking the RAF Regiment are real soldiers.
Is that what you want? No? Well stop doing something you enjoy.

Alcohol is bad for you.
Alcohol can be good for you.
Chocolate is bad for you.
Chocolate can be good for you.
Avoid butter.
Eat some butter.

I don't recall who said or wrote it, but "Everything in moderation". applies. Give it a few days and more helpful advice will appear.
Amended for online forums...

Everything in moderation, including moderation

WTF, an answer to the OP's question-comment, whats the problem? Read post 7, along the same lines as mine. Lighten up.
Fuck off. You already have advanced dementia with multiple complication so this thread doesn't apply to you. Go and have a glass of something alcohol free - like Horlicks - and get back to not knowing where you are or what time of day it is.