At last, some common sense from the Justice System

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The_Seagull, Feb 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link here

Would seem that you can defend yourself and not get prosecuted.

"Just days before the fatal incident, Lancashire Police had appealed for Kilroe to hand himself in after he failed to appear at Preston Crown Court to face armed robbery charges."

FFS why give him bail in the 1st place? Though good riddence to him.
  2. You have always had the right to defend yourself, but equally the plod has a duty to investigate violent deaths and it was quite right and proper for the shopkeeper to be arrested and interviewed under caution. That actually protected his rights and ensured that his side of the story was properly recorded.
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Good for Tony Singh.
    Bloody stupid that it was passed to the CPS anyway.
  4. One thieving scrote less. Long may it continue, as a dead criminal NEVER re-offends.
  5. As you say,The_Seagull what pr1ck of a judge/magistrate was stupid enough to give this oxygen theif bail?.

Good result,though the death of this waster will save the honest taxpayers of Britain a considerable sum of money over what would have been his lifetime.

Can we have more good news like this,please?.
  6. Seconded.... and well done Tony Singh.
  7. There is hope for Britain yet!! :twisted:

But I´m surprised that his(Kilroe) family aren´t suing the police for not having him tucked up and safe in the nick.

What would Mr Singh´s family have done had Kilroe killed him when he really should have been locked up,how do you get bail for ´armed robbery´,when grannies get banged-up for slapping rowdy kids??

Good result though!
  8. All decisions as to whether or not to charge have to go to the CPS in all but the most minor cases.
  9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I know but I feel better having posted that :)
  10. There is no obligation to report a crime (other than treason) and there is no obligation on police to investigate (other than treason). What is investigated is at the discretion of the Chief constable.

So why not just burn him and save the investigatory time ?

Look under disclosure of information.
  12. However you will be sacked for neglect of duty and maybe prosecuted under Misconduct in a public office if you deliberately dont investigate what you should.
  13. Thank fcuk; the CPS has done the right thing for once. Which, as you point out, Seagul, is more than can be said for the tw@t who gave him bail...but since that led to Mr Kilroe departing this veil of tears, perhaps we should'nt be too harsh! :twisted:
  14. Reminds me of a story I heard; an RMP Close Protection team in Africa were attacked and returned fire, killing one of the attackers. They were out in the Bush, so decided to bring the bad guy back with them to the nearest police station.

When the RMP showed the local police the body, they responded: "Throw it back in the gutter where it belongs."

Possibly an Urban Legend, but bloody funny. :twisted:
  15. bloody good show, the shopkeeper should be awarded a bounty out of public funds for killing the scroat, he has saved the taxpayer a fortune, not to mention his future victims, rot in hell mate