AT at civvy trg centres

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by westy_1981, Feb 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. hello all,

    i'm just wondering if it is possible to gain grants for AT at civvy centres rather than running them from the Army centres and lodges. Is a JSATFA required or do you go down a different avenue? Has anyone done it in the past, and does it cause major dramas? I'm looking at an AT civvy centre in S.France which will offer us a week of multi activity + food + board for £320ish per man. I'm also trying to decide on the tpt options for getting there.

    Cheers, Andy
  2. Ask your SO2/SO3 PAT at Div HQ. I suspect that you might not get financial help if you try learning free-fall parachuting which is taught at military centres in the UK and Germany, but I have heard of people going to Florida to improve their free-fall skills at a recognised civvie centre.

    The JSATFA will be required. And political clearance.... for some strange reason, the French have a fear that they will be invaded by us!

    Tpt? These days, I would consider cheap air fares BUT you must have a backup plan for when it all goes wrong! What happens if Ryanair leaves you on the tarmac? The other problem with the cheap air fares is that everyone must sign up to attend some months in advance, and be prepared to lose their money if they have to drop out.

    Where are you going?