Asymmetric warfare, terrorism, and Daesh.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Resasi, Jul 26, 2016.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nice to see you taking the time to trawl through my posts and threads.

One of the issues that exist with the bigot/Islamist outlook on on Muslims/Islam is that the natural outcome is mass graves or deportations.

This thread is just a catalogue of Islamist terrorist attacks and links to opinion which 'prove' how bad Islam is. Your contributions are a slightly more verbose version of the artist formerly known as RoyalGreenJacket.

There are government initiatives which serve to undermine Islamism in the UK; there are strong results in some fields and weaker in others. One of the issues is convinving everyone of the threat from Islamism and Islamists; the BBC and DM were one of the more reliable sources of hosting IS material for a period and the Guardian continues to give support to soft jihadi groups like Cage. All the while the British media establishment has been ignoring the strong voices of Muslim atheist groups and activists.

The messaging that happens online is important and serves to influence more people than possibly you'd imagine. Messages of intolerance and bigotry serve to provide evidence for Islamists to share amongst their audiences that they need to pick a side. That's it. Maybe you don't intend it to be that way and maybe you do, but you should understand that your obsesssion with Islam contributes nothing but providing Islamists with the ammunition that they need.

2. Some of your posts certainly enlightening, like a predilection for games where you run over and kill people. Perspective of you?
    Didn’t go down well with the wife, how surprising, and good for your wife. Yes, weird. It also seems a favourite daesh method of killing people nowadays

With 4 years in Libya and over 20 years based in Saudi, flying to and working in all the Arab countries over that period, in addition to having Muslim Arab in-laws and relatives just perhaps does give me slightly greater than usual perspective of the cultures and peoples. That and possibly on the problem presently being face with the Daesh threat here in the West. So much for your ignorant racist bigot accusations.

It does have a catalogue of those because as the title of the thread says it is about daesh terrorism and their asymmetric warfare. It also has opinions on why, what can be done, and what steps can be taken to minimise, protect and avoid such incidents if at all possible

So according to you this thread should not exist. Any message about aspects of Islam that are being used to justify recent and ongoing attacks by daesh and their coverts are all bigoted intolerance? Bit one sided isn’t that?

In this country there have been neither. You do rather exaggerate the threats you seem to perceive British Muslims are faced with.

They seem to have done very well without me, and my, not obsession, but association with Islam.

Meanwhile the Government continues to try to cope with the problem, at a huge, and ever increasing cost to the taxpayer.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. If they are
    If they have done very well in spite of your postings, perhaps if you stopped they might do worse?
    Just a thought.

4. You really are his fanboy Hector. Meet him in the park?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice to see you continuing to trawl through my posts in the Naafi, fo whatever reason you think that is achieving.

I can believe that you spent 24 years as an expat. It would explain your bewilderment at UK society after having spent 1/4 a century lounging around with other expats. I also call bullshi t on your claim to have Muslim Arab in-laws because if you'd married a Muslim woman you'd have had to convert to Islam, which would make you an insider threat Muslim. Unless you're trying to pass off one your siblings marriages as your own which wouldn't be the first time you've tried to dine out other people's work as your own on here.

I must've missed the parts of the thread where you've put forward any ideas about how to combat the threat from Islamism in the UK; you usually stop short of suggesting any solutions, final or otherwise. Islamsim is much more than Daesh, btw, just like Daesh isn't all Muslims. I know you won't understand that so I'm just stating it for the benefit of my keyboard.

No idea what that means. This thread purports to be about debate, but it's not. For reasons which have been explained already. Islamists already know which parts of surah al-Anfal and surah at-Tawbah they need to avoid reading out in public or online in order to not get arrested. There is a wider issue of Islamists being allowed too much influence in schools and other institutions but that isn't solely an issue for Islam. Don't worry, I don't expect you to understand that.

The logical conclusion of labelling entire communities as a long-term threat, by painting all believers of a particular faith as members of one Islamist terrorist organisation, is applying the same sort of sanctions and military solutions to the civilians as the fighters. Just because this hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that this isn't the direct or indirect goal of *some* people.

Funnily enough, most Islamists are taxpayers. You might want to try a different avenue of attack rather than trying to pass yourself of as a new crusader for taxpayer rights.

6. My wife was a Christian who’s sisters converted to Islam to marry Saudis.

Gives a heads up and background on you as a person.

Your really not very smart, and your contributions to this thread, simply personal attacks.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  7. You're really not very smart, you belming cheese-whistle.

Yes, so as I guessed, some realtives of yours converted and you're passing their experiences of as close enough to yours to infer something about an entire group of people.

If you think you can get a 'heads up' and 'background' of someone from their posts in the Naafi on this forum, then you really are the sort of person you come across as.

8. Realtives??? No. In-laws.
    All posts.

You continue to display your inadequacies.

Islam is the second largest religion in the United Kingdom, with results from the United Kingdom Census 2011 giving the UK Muslim population in 2011 as 2,786,635, 4.4% of the total population. The vast majority of Muslims in the United Kingdom live in England: 2,660,116 (5.02% of the population).

If every single one was a taxpayer, which is simply not possible, the taxes raised would be infinitesimal against what the UK has spent in the way of protecting their citizens against daesh and the violence caused by ongoing internecine problems in Islam and Muslims today.
    Daesh: UK government response - GOV.UK
    ...or by the Global Coalition of 73 effected countries which Britain helped form.
    The Global Coalition Against Daesh | Home

One might say a rather disproportionate amount of money spent over problems arising from a rather small percentage.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  9. JJ’s parents may themselves be facing criminal charges for sending money to JJ while he was away on ops. No updates or status on these.

Thames Valley Police said a couple had been arrested on suspicion of sending money to Syria, “which could be used for terrorism purposes,” but were released on bail.

They maintain that he went to give aid, and it appears now throwing doubts on his mental state of mind presumably as a form of defence.

Pictures of him in Syria show him with the signature beard and what appears to be camouflage. Various other reported details would seem to indicate that he had in fact joined daesh.
    How 'Jihadi Jack' Letts from Oxford ended up joining Isis in Syria | Metro News

Their actions as concerned parents are quite understandable, as are his protestations of innocence. Unfortunately it does seem that Jack may have, against all government advice, and possibly his parents, placed himself in this situation.
    ‘Jihadi Jack’ misses doughnuts & kebabs... but not his parents

Given the present situation, concerns about returnees who may well remain as undercover and active members of daesh, and his location, his parents might be requesting what may not be possible.
    17.11.05 'Jihadi Jack's' parents plan to sue Foreign Office

10. The general perception at the present time is that Daesh/IS is being deprived of territory and generally defeated. Though hugely diminished it does however continue to control significant funds.
    Oil, Extortion Still Paying Off for ISIS

It’s failure to control territory and establish itself as a Caliphate is now morphing into more of an underground terrorist organisation with its financial model changing accordingly, and, more than sufficient to sustain operations.

It is likely to remain a significant threat for the foreseeable future.

11. Well worth a detailed read

How Britain did Gaddafi’s dirty work

I have a speed read over a brew, and it represents an interesting narrative.

Well worth a read and think; particularly for those on the site who are a bit keen on extraordinary rendition and enhanced interrogation.

Targeted killings by UAV are one thing, have a think about things after reading that.

If you can get a copy, Sir Mark's book is well worth a read

It is of its time and class, but well worth the time.

12. They found mustard-gas artillery shells and precursors for the creation of other chemical weapons. Gaddafi, it turns out, had never really shut down his weapons programme. The UK and the US had done a deal with one of the worst dictators of the last century, and he had fooled them.

But it seems, was then destroyed by them.

Gaddafi and Saddam both supposedly renounced...but didn’t. Surprised?

13. Oh dear, it seems to be going a little wrong on-line as well as off-line

Isis has been hacked by Muslim activists

On an aside, it is a little depressing that every CT story has to have a picture of plod with guns.

I know people hunched over terminals isn't "sexy", but it should be.

[​IMG]
    Rather than
    Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 11.32.52 AM.jpg

14. Indeed it was the slow painstaking gathering of information by the people that allowed the detention trial and now sentencing of the Birmingham family before they could commit the atrocities they had been planning.
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/husband-wife-ummariyat-mirza-madihah-13815346

Certainly in that report in the previous post it points out the disturbing fact that a recent report finds that jihadi content is accessed more frequently in the UK than anywhere else in Europe.

From another paper that is regarded as a platform for liberal and left-wing opinions, the "Guardianista" for the middle class, earnest and politically correct.
    Britain has large audience for online jihadist propaganda, report says

So much for the integration that some insist is here, and that the chance of returnees finding sympathizers in this country is exaggerated.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017