Asylum seekers ? No not them . Brits go to the USA !

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by dunstaggin, Jul 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. British Asylum seekers flee to the USA

Racist who fled hate trial caught in America

From The Jewish Chronicle

Leon Symons
    July 18, 2008

A racist who fled the country after being convicted of five charges of publishing racially inflammatory material has been apprehended in America.

Stephen Whittle, 41, of Preston, Lancs, had written five offensive articles under the pen-name Luke O’Farrell, which were published on the internet.

He was convicted last Friday after a seven-week trial at Leeds Crown Court, but neither he nor his co-defendant, Simon Sheppard, of Selby, North Yorkshire, appeared when the hearing resumed on Monday.

Humberside Police, who had mounted the case against Whittle and Sheppard, sent out an all-ports alert. Sheppard, 51, ran the website on which Whittle’s articles appeared.

The pair were detained in Los Angeles where they are believed to have asked for political asylum. They were understood to be awaiting a hearing that would decide whether or not they would be granted asylum or be sent back to Britain.

During the hearing, prosecutor Jonathan Sandiford told the jury that Sheppard and Whittle held what they might regard as fairly extreme views about people who were Jewish, black, Asian, Chinese, Indian and, in reality, anyone who was not white. He said: “People in this country are entitled to be racist and they are entitled to hold unpleasant points of view.

“But what they aren’t entitled to do is publish or distribute written material which is insulting, threatening or abusive and is intended to stir up racial hatred or is likely to do so.”

The court heard that Sheppard’s website attracts 4,000 visitors a day.

Other articles on the same site included one written during the 1960s by the leader of the American Nazi Party, George Lincoln Rockwell.

The court heard that Sheppard was investigated by police following complaints and when his flat was searched in March 2005 police seized a number of computers and found documents entitled “Dumb Niggers, Gloating Jews”, “Make Niggers History”, “Diversity = Death” and “Rockwell, the
    Swastika”.

Sheppard has been found guilty of 11 of the 18 counts he faced. The jury failed to agree on seven further charges relating to the possession, publishing and distribution of two pamphlets called “Tales of the Holohoax” and “Don’t Be Sheeple”.

The case was adjourned until July 28 when the prosecution will say whether or not it will seek a retrial.

http://thejc.com/articles/racist-who-fled-hate-trial-caught-america

2. What a bloody set up !

So what have we really been fighting for ?

Now I find that democracy and free speech is being quashed.

The UK a free Country ?

Bollox.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I bet they were arrested in Texas . . .

5. Just as well that they fled to a country that is renowned for not having Black Jewish Indian or Chinese people living there!...........fcukwits!

6. Errm hang on my friend !

WTF were we serving for if not free speech ?

7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

They will be extradited for sure. The UK has good extradition relations with the U.S. and as the U.K. is deemed a 'safe' Country with no chance of you being discriminated against (unless you are from these shores by heritage.... :D ), their asylum claim will be laughed out of court. And the cherry on top will be they have also virtually guaranteed a permanent bar to re-entering the U.S. due to (imminent) adverse immigration history there.

8. There's no such thing as free speech in England anymore.

9. Free speech seems to be a Western thing.

Bloody hell.

I have wanted to flee to Spain myself.

10. What if, as they do...............

That their 'crime' is not a crime in California ?

Crikey, they wrote an internet site.

What a crime ?

Our lads in Iraq and Afghanistan would love to be bombarded with words from a blogsite instead of bullets.

Who wants to see the site these poor buggers have been given time for ?

I have seen it and it's nothing.

We ex-forces have all seen worse.

11. Hang on I may be missing something but,

If I British born Muslim in the UK was on trial for this but the racism was aimed towards anyone who wasn't a Muslim I am under the impression peoples reactions would be a bit different and we would be shouting lock him, etc?

[Edited to Add]

I haven't seen the site so if its bugger all and the PC brigade going barmy, but still look at the other angle!]

12. I concur wholeheatedly, the fcukers are no better than the extremists bandying around on the jihadist websites,

13. Me? The money, the kicks, my mates and HM the Queen - not necessarily in that order. Civil liberties never crossed my radar.

In any case, I think it was the irony of seeking political asylum in a country full of the types of people he despises that was being commented on, not his reasoning.

14. dunstaggin might have revealed himself here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=102942/start=1520.html

In this one I support the Russians, I have already provided proof that the Zionists started this war in this thread. The main Georgian leaders are mostly jewish/zionists .

Israel wants that oil !

I loved the gall of that idiot Bush spouting about invading democratic countries.

Because Russia's problems are seemingly Zionists, this is why they are losing the propaganda war in the West.

Most of the mass media is controlled by Zionists.

And also why the USA jumps to 'their' aid in two seconds.

In WW 2, it took the yanks how many years to support us ?

www.haaretz.com/hasen/...10225.html

Gives his outrage bit new view, does it ? :p

15. hopefully they get stuck in the LA jail black gang members or Spanish gang members take your chances :twisted: