Astrophysics = Selling snake oil?

endure

GCM
Just like 'Theoretical Physiscs' ? Nothing proven but,sounds good...theoretically. ;)

I feel this is going well

No. I have no idea nor do you it seems.

Are my ideas contagious?! Good.
Do you ever read anything apart from Qanon and wibble bollox?

The rocket was a tiny little thing built by a three man private company. The second stage failed to ignite because of an electronics failure. You can actually see it did not ignite (if you care to look). The avionics gubbins was recovered when it returned to Earth by parachute. So that's what happened. Not the first failure and certainly not the last space exploration failure.

It's not your ideas that are contagious. Its your newfound tendency to spread your wibble out over multiple threads having previously confined your moronic comments to the Trump thread.

Your user page sums you up nicely. Tinfoil CT twat.

Notwithstanding that, any chance of explaining why exactly Hawkin was a charlatan and astrophysics is snake oil science.
[pedant]Assuming that there isn't a famous physicist called Hawkin that I haven't heard of, the clever chap in the wheelchair was Stephen Hawking. Not Hawkin or Hawkins or Hawkings, all of which are irritating mistakes.[/pedant]

Not pedantry at all Orthy.

I was asking the OP to explain his stupid as he expressed it.

endure

GCM
Theoretical physics = unicorn maths with a sprinkling of fairy dust.

Have to take it on faith you know.

Here's something that started out as theoretical physics...

Theoretical physics = unicorn maths with a sprinkling of fairy dust.

Have to take it on faith you know.
Gravity waves - a hypothesis/conjecture based on mathematics for a century and now part of theory.

At the other end of the cosmic spectrum most of quantum physics. All the hypotheses (mad as they seemed) demonstrated experimentally (I am typing this on a machine based on quantum theory).

RedDinger

Swinger
Probably the wrong thread for this pal.

Notwithstanding that, any chance of explaining why exactly Hawkin was a charlatan and astrophysics is snake oil science.

We look forward to your profundity.
It was a news story so I assumed this may be the place for it.

As for explaining about Hawkins etc, I can't as I'm not intelligent enough to prove or disprove the stories. But some clever chaps said he was wrong and now it appears lots of other people were wrong too. So maybe they are all just making it up.

A good one which was later shown to be wrong and just within living memory ( I think) was the ether...an undetectable medium which allowed light to travel from place to place through a vacuum.
Michelson-Morley experiments 1880-1887...

Attempt to generate the interference pattern you should expect if light is moving at different speeds through the ether due to the motion of the earth... Result showed that the speed of light was constant in all directions. Led Einstein to posit that the speed of light was a universal constant...