Astronaut bids farewell with Bowie cover version

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
"Canadian commander Chris Hadfield has shared with the world his cover version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, which he recorded on the International Space Station.

The full video was posted on YouTube shortly before Hadfield handed over command of the space station to Russia's Pavel Vinogradov.

Hadfield has been on the International Space Station since December 2012 and in command of the vessel since March. He will now return to Earth."

Linky

"Canadian commander Chris Hadfield has shared with the world his cover version of David Bowie's Space Oddity, which he recorded on the International Space Station.

The full video was posted on YouTube shortly before Hadfield handed over command of the space station to Russia's Pavel Vinogradov.

Hadfield has been on the International Space Station since December 2012 and in command of the vessel since March. He will now return to Earth."

Linky
Bowie has been following him on Twitter

Absolutely HOOFING effort. That chap can sing as well. Brightened up my day that one, especially since the budget for BGT is probably bigger than the space station one.

Saying that, I'd love to see the chappie playing the piano at the start!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I didn't spit my drink or piss myself laughing but this comment from the Graun raised a smile:

But we are all going to dress up as apes for when he returns, right?

That was brilliant, really awesome, you can almost see his sadness that he is going to be leaving space soon.

Just watching his videos ref living in space, he's a natural teacher, a modern Johnny Ball. Very interesting.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
It is more "fab" than a big bunch of "fab" things that have gone to the University of Fab, and taken First Class Degrees in being "Fab".

I bet Bowie hates him.