Astra OPC

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by goatrutar, Oct 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Opel have started importing to Oz. Astra , Corsa and some other thing. None seem to appeal at the moment. However they're bringing over some high performance 280hp model next year in the Astra. Is this model in the UK now? If so any opinions?

We had a 2 litre turbo 08 Astra which was quite impressive. It'd be interesting to see if the new ones are as good.
  2. Well Vauxhall's are shit, that's all you need to know.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Does the UK have the 2 litre turbo model?
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Yeah we've got it over here, it's called the VXR.

If you own one, you have to get your ear pierced and buy a baseball cap.

It's the law.
  5. Even though Jarrod has already pointed this out, I shall reiterate - Vauxhalls are SHITE. I have driven the 240BHP Arsetra VXR, and it's less fun than being dead, which incidentally is what you'll be if the drivetrain decides to put all the power through the shorter driveshaft at an inopportune moment.

Get a hairy Ford Focus instead. Or an MG Maestro.
  6. Thirded. Vauxhall haven't made a decent car since the 3300cc Viscount in 1966.
  7. You've just reminded me my eldest brothers Vauxhall Viva, my dad welded that so many times I think it was just weld and vinyl seats.
    My boyfriend had three Astras as company cars, all shit. I was chuffed to **** when he got a Toyota Avensis this time. I can get in and not have my knees on my chin.
    Bedford made some nice lorries though.
  8. Velox.jpg

From the days when Vauxhall thought that Luton was on the outskirts of Detroit and when the SLR still commanded an empire.
  9. Stick to the Holden, same car (but better made), different badge.
  10. The only Vauxhall/ Holden/ Pontiac I have driven and seriously wanted was the Pontiac G8 GXP w/ 6spd stick...shortly before Pontiac was shut down for good by GM when s**t hit the fan back home in the U.S.

They even almost bought over the "Ute" version, which I was pretty sure of snapping up, but they never did due to the brand deletion. Would've been my first GM product bought by me - so far have always owned Fords.

The irony is that Holden sold the utes with Pontiac styling as special editions in AUS since they already made the body kits etc. for the U.S.
  11. I'm sure the Holden Ute was tested on Top Gear, it was a fkin beast!
  12. It was and it is.

Also, there is no way most people (incl. me) can afford to run that here in the UK/ EU with the insane gas prices. Back in the U.S. is a different matter.
  13. Then why would anyone in Oz, and in their right mind, want a fkin Vauxhall?
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I've had 3 of those, including a pale green one that Joker has ridden in
  15. You must have been quite the Teddy Boy.