Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by robbo86, Jul 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive just been to the doctors to see about getting some medication for, what i thought was a long standing chest infection but my doctor seems to think ive got asthma. Ive got a few people in my family who have/had asthma but it first noticed when they were kids/early teens and with me being early twenties i thought i had escaped it. Ive got to go for breathing tests so they can confirm whether its asthma or not. Im just wondering, is there a chance i will be discharged? im in inf. if that makes any difference?
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Depends if you tell them about it, or if it comes up when you get mobilised. I wouldn't have thought so, as I have seen quite a few inhalers in my time. A couple of Staffies, a Corporal and a private, and they were very obvious about it. I think its a no - no when you join, but if it comes to light after the fact, then its a grey area. But thats my unqualified opinion.
  3. i have recently passed selection and been attested etc and im with 6 scots infantry( light role)
    i had asthma from a young age until not so long ago and as long as you can prove you can sustain a constant speed on a bike and your lungs dont decrease in peak flow (spirometry) you will be ok
    i had to do all this and 4 other guys as well, we all passed