• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

asthma and the medical

#1
hi all ive had asthma since a young age ive not had any problems with it or required and inhalers in the last 4 years but ive had a repeat prescribtion in the last four years jus in case i needed them and i havent will i be ok to getin in to the army?
 
#2
Hmm hopefully! I am in the same boat but I havnt had the repeat perscription. My medical record says I "currently" have asthma but I havnt been given any medicine or treatment for about 7 years. The reason its still on my record is because I havnt been having regular checkups. My GP told me to tell the medical people this and they would do a "further investigation" and find me clear.

If I was you I would go in an cancel the repeat perscription ASAP just incase it will make any difference.

I guess if you explain that it hasnt bothered you then maybe they will test you for it and if you really are clear then they will let you in.. I dont know. I am just guessing.

Good luck!

J.
 
#5
Unfortunately when I was recruiting I had loads of applicants the same as this and it will be medical in confidence, but it states you have to be 4 years symptons and treatment free. By getting repeat prescriptions you are classed as having prescribed drugs which is treatment. Go ahead with the RG8 (Health application form) but Im 99% sure you will have to wait four years from your last visit to the GP for repeat prescription. You would also have to do a spiro test at ADSC after the four years once your excepted.
 
#6
ive also bin told by a recruiter its only if uve had an attck in the last four years but he may be wrong but ive never had an attack and my asthma was a light wheeze when i was younger dos this afect things or is it still a definate no?

alex
 
#7
maully said:
ive also bin told by a recruiter its only if uve had an attck in the last four years but he may be wrong but ive never had an attack and my asthma was a light wheeze when i was younger dos this afect things or is it still a definate no?

alex
As said its all medical in confidence and between you/GP/SMO so go ahead with RG8. It does state 4 years symptom and treatment free though. Sorry for this info but see what comes of it.
 
#8
will do cheers mate one last thing though did u ever have any people get in with similar conditions to me? sorry for all the questions just be guted if i cant get in
 
#9
maully said:
will do cheers mate one last thing though did u ever have any people get in with similar conditions to me? sorry for all the questions just be guted if i cant get in
Approx a dozen all medically deferred until 4 years after they were subscribed there last prescription and GP said no further treatment.
 
#10
Damn doesnt sound good.. get off the perscription right away! Maybe you can blag it saying that you havnt been picking up the perscriptions or something.. I have no idea.. again.. good luck!

J.
 
#11
Hi

"I have found a great site that sells downloadable "Health and Fitness" audio books by some

of the leading Authors in the field. I have recently discovered the benefits of listening to

Audio books as I have a 2 hour drive to get to work each day!.

You can also get a 10% discount off your first purchase by using this special code when you

check out - 322944.

Also, if you own a website you can become an affiliate and promote Audio Books that are

relevant to your site and get 15% commission on every sale.

Here is the link directly to their Health and Fitness category

Hope you find the site as useful as I have, if so post back your comments.

Cheers

Ray21
 
#12
Ray21 said:
Hi

"I have found a great site that sells downloadable "Health and Fitness" audio books by some

of the leading Authors in the field. I have recently discovered the benefits of listening to

Audio books as I have a 2 hour drive to get to work each day!.

You can also get a 10% discount off your first purchase by using this special code when you

check out - 322944.

Also, if you own a website you can become an affiliate and promote Audio Books that are

relevant to your site and get 15% commission on every sale.

Here is the link directly to their Health and Fitness category

Hope you find the site as useful as I have, if so post back your comments.

Cheers

Ray21
How about starting your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses and trying to get your 15% commision you tool.
 
#13
maully said:
hi all ive had asthma since a young age ive not had any problems with it or required and inhalers in the last 4 years but ive had a repeat prescribtion in the last four years jus in case i needed them and i havent will i be ok to getin in to the army?
Sorry but if you've had a repeat prescription it is classed as treatment (even if you did'nt pick them up you are still classed as having asthma) so looks like you might be waiting a while, but the best people to ask are the blokes at the local AFCO or ACIO, and they will tell you everything you need to know.
Good luck
 
#15
lauren said:
the medical are tight i got declined because i had ezma !

Have you considered why?

The doc will have had your interests and those of the folks you work with in mind. I have assumed that you mean eczema? Skin problems that seem 'minor' at home can be debilitating when on Ops and can limit operational effectiveness.

Medicals are not carried out for the fun of it.

Peeby
 
#17
maully said:
is there anyway i can blag a medical? like persudeing the doc ?
Why would you want to put yourself and others through a risk. The standards are there to protect you. Say for instance you were doing a section attack and suddenly you had an asthma attack your putting yourself and others at risk. There is a very big physical side of being in the forces and medical issues are a problem, I have seen people who's got through selection kicked out during training when medical problems were found. SO NO.
 
#18
yer but ive never had an attck or any problems wen i do excerisce since bein diagnosed with a "wheeze" and ive never touched a inhaler for 4-6 years i no the answer will still proberbly no but im guna give it a shot anyway
 
#19
If you look back there are a number of threads on the same topic. Included are reasons why asthma is considered a risk, as well as some of the tests that the doctors can carry out to determine the level of risk that the individual may have.

Good luck in your medical but please, whatever you do, tell the truth - for your sake and those you are going to work with.

Peeby.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top