Assualt Vests

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by cannon fodder, Dec 27, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lads, what is the best Assault vest that I can get.. Arktis looks a good buy, 1601 version. Anyone got any recommendations?

Also can you do a CFT wearing an assault vest or does it have to be webbing?

2. You can do it in whatever but A) its most likely to be just a bergan and B) why would you want to tab in something that is flatening your chest and restricting breathing. Stick to your webbing dude its hard wearing replacable and designed for the job!

Theres nowt wrong with what the queen gives ya laddy!

3. Just got a Arktis SAS smock, wore it for an ex a few weeks ago, all i can say is mmmmmm.... toasty. fook knows what the assalt vests are like, too cheap to buy any guchi kit. should be alright on a CFT tho.

4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Unless you have to drive.
    But fair one for the CFT, though as you say the norm is with a bergan.

CF, if you decide that a vest is what you need check out the Arrse shop, you won't get a better deal on MilSpec kit:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=70&osCsid=d9c743b2ba40a178739501fdcbae416c

5. vests are good for sitting on your arrse all day, for anything else they can be a pain, ranges and most other things you cant go far wrong with an issue belt rig.

iv got the issue assault vest, had no dramas but would like one of those sideways pouch thingys. they look cool. heard someone call it a marines rig dont quote me on that.

vests are for posing and lazy arrses. (both of which i have active participation in)

good luck

6. Okay Im gonna suffer some p1ss taking for this but even if you have to drive your issue webbing is fine.

Just turn it round... You know, Put it on backwards. Either with or without yoke... Works fine for me. Then as soon as you dismount just shuffle it round and Roberts your fathers brother!

Adapt and overcome. As far as your kit is concerned the next option doesn't always involve your wallet.

As i said it works for me... If it doesnt suit you then fcuk off down to Walts Kit shop and dent your already pathetic bank balance! In my opinion they dont pay us enough to buy our own!

7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Shouldn't you be in 1 HLDRS ?

8. Nah mate im a kingo. The army's official answer is i am trained to steal what i need!

9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Considering your avatar & loc I might never have guessed.

10. I beleive the new Arktis SIGMA vest is the dogs dangly bits....

Bit pricey though, but it did give me a stiffy...

11. Badcrow if ure a kingo why dont u just nick one like most kigos do

12. But

[​IMG]

13. We'll borrow a spell checker and a English teacher for you too.....

14. If you are going to get Vest I would reccomend getting the STD PLCE one...there great and durable!

also if your unit alows you, Blackhawke do some good vest, with an arangment of snap-strap and A.L.I.C.E straps, so you can chop and change the pouches to suit!

www.blackhawke.com

15. Hollos Fcuk off back under that rock u live under u turd Burglar! Not only did i already say that but i also said i didnt fcuking want one Tut tut... What a Fcuking mong. Cheers gingwarr