Assualt Pioneer?????

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by theparamancan, Feb 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone here been on the assualt pioneer course or actually know what you do on it? May have it in april but don't have a clue.

2. Turn up, tune in, and switch on, all will be revealed in the fullness of time. Oh, and dont worry, life is full of surprises!

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was a regular and did B2 and B1 if you are taking the regular course I bekieve in UK its held at Waterbeach and the B1 at RSME Chattenden.
    The TA Bn I joined ran a 2 week B3 local cadre which I speny a lot of time teaching on. It was fun. I considered moving to 10 Para but the Pioneer pln was at Mitcham which didnt suit me.

The first course is interesting, make good clear notes and pay attention, if the Instructors are RE they will have forgotten more tricks about Oggieing than any Chunky I ever knew. Dont forget that you will be probably expected to double/triple hat! After all it is really a condensed Combat Engineers course which is probably phase 2 of their training now. They get longer to learn it and are expected to know things that you will have an aide memoire for. Post Falklands it was decided to revive the trade in BAOR Bns which got me away on fun courses. I expect they have got rid of the Cowley level but then again I suspect not!
    Have fun, my favourite parts were mines, traps and dems. Cant think why?

4. Alright mate. How come you jocks get on all the courses. You spawny gits spoke to finny the other day and he is already got more courses than the rest of us put together. Out of our lot [mod edit: no names please] has been on the snipers course that is it. I am down for the assault pioneers in september. Let me know how you get on. Check the thread i put in the int cell on fort benning its about page two now

5. Benning will be mega. Ive done PTI, and am going or PJNCOs, medics, freefall, diving in Malta and of course, assualt pioneers, or PSI is well switched on. Hard life.

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Lucky Feckers!