Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assistance sought with alcohol research

Bad CO

Admin
I bet that caught your attention!

Just in by email is a request for people to help improve an app that aims to help veterans understand more about their drinking - more info at Drinks:Ration - Feel better and save money by drinking less alcohol

I am a research assistant on a project looking at the effectiveness of a drinking app for veterans. I wonder if you may be able to help with recruitment for a study being conducted. It would be great if you are able share some information to help us to promote the study and to recruit new participants.

The app, Drinks:Ration, aims to help veterans understand more about their drinking. Taking part in the study can benefit you directly and help you to reduce your drinking. It will also be helping the ex-serving community more widely by helping us to test a health intervention which can benefits others in the future.

Taking part in this study would involve downloading and using a smartphone app for a minimum of 1-month, and to answer questions about your drinking and mental health 5 months later.

If you are a UK veteran, own a smartphone and drink alcohol, you could help improve our app. For more information please visit the study website at drinksration.app. If you would like to get involved, tell us a little bit about yourself drinksration.app/take-part

This study is being conducted by the King’s Centre of Military Health Research based at King’s College London in collaboration with the University of Liverpool and Combat Stress and is funded by the Forces in Mind Trust. This study has been reviewed and given favourable opinion by the Research Ethics Committee of King’s College London, Application Number: HR-19/20-17438.

Dwarf

LE
ASDA have some good deals on. But its LIDL for me on Wine everytime....

I bet that caught your attention!

Just in by email is a request for people to help improve an app that aims to help veterans understand more about their drinking - more info at Drinks:Ration - Feel better and save money by drinking less alcohol

Been doing it for 60+ years ....... Why do I need an App to improve my understanding ?
I know what smoking does to ones lungs, I know what alcohol does to ones liver, I hear extensive Cocaine use rips your Septum apart and fucks the rest of your life.

Its like telling people to put a mask on when they go into a supermarket during a Pandemic .....

Impossible without an App

Oh well, never mind. Whose round is it?

Screenshot_20210108-231654_Free Adblocker Browser_copy_1080x1361.jpg

Awol

LE
I can count empty glasses quite well without an app thanks.

Does anyone else think that a lot of these health apps are just plain patronising? Either that or there’s a subtle money-making aspect to them.

In any good study there is always a control group who do not benefit from the intervention.

Can I volunteer to be part of the group who get to do unfettered drinking?

The last time I had a drink was on my wedding day, I was so drunk, I said I do! Never again, I've been teetotal for 10 years this year!

In any good study there is always a control group who do not benefit from the intervention.

Can I volunteer to be part of the group who get to do unfettered drinking?
You want to be part of the control group?

Funny but I always had you down as a candidate for the out of control group.

I drink.
I get drunk..

But as I drive for a living, drinking Sunday to Thursday is not the best tbh.

Friday and Saturday though. I may partake of a cheeky beverage or several.

Latest Threads