ASSISTANCE REQUIRED

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by 3milesniper, Oct 10, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I`M AN EX REG AND NOW TA PL SGT OF INF BN AND MY YOUNG JNR WUPERT PL CMD THINKS THAT WE NEED TO VISIT OUR LOCAL CADET UNITS TO TALK TO THE CADETS ABOUT THEIR OPTIONS IN JOINING THE REGULAR OR RESERVE FORCES.note to self me 20 yrs him 20 mths mmmmmmmmm
    AFTER A LITTLE CHAT WITH OC OF THE COY HE HAS WRITTEN TO THE LOCAL CADET THINGY AND TOLD THEM THAT I`M (TO QUOTE SNR WUPERT)

CADET LIASON SNCO ?????? 8O

HE WANTS ME AND JNR WUPERT TO VISIT CADET DETACHMENTS (PAID :p ) TO EXTOLL THE VIRTUES OF BECOMING A SOLDIER IN THE INF :wink:

MY QUESTION THEREFORE IS WHAT DO YOU LOT WANT TO SEE HERE TALK ABOUT AND THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO APPROACH THIS LITTLE TASK (I ASKED IF I COULD DO SNR BRECON AGIAN INSTEAD :( ) ONLY JOKING ...!

HELP APPRECIATED

2. Get your senior rupert to show the cadets how to fold a map...that should take an hour.

3. HOW WOULD HE KNOW HIS DVR/OP DOES ALL THE MENIALS LOL :lol:

4. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Just quote the fact that the Infantry get the higher rate of pay because lets be honest that is what will attract them the most. That and living in trenches of course. :wink:

5. GUNNER,

WHATS WRONG WITH LIVING SHELL SCRAPES OOOH SORRY I SWORE AT YOU GIS A GO ON UR BV?
    ANYWAYS I`M SP COY (MOR) AND TO DIG OUR PITS IS WAY TO SCAREY!
    ANDBIENG INF IS GODS WAY OF TELLING SCHOOL KIDS THET SHOULDN`T : HAVE NOT BUNKED OF AT DINNER TIME :twisted:

6. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Love too, however the BVs are full of boil in the bags. :D

7. PHILISTINE !!!!!!

RICE PUDDING OPENED ONE END AND COVERED WITH BLACK N NASTY IS THE WAY FORWARD FOR LUMPY TEA! :oops:

8. Take some kit along with you. The shiny toy ploy always works. Make up some slides of ppl out in the field, big Parades, ect.

If they are badged to your Regiment play up on the better part of the history. after all they need to know it for there 2 star Mill Knowledge.

if there is a particular point about being in the army that you enjoy the likely hood is that your enthusiasm will come across and they will enjoy it too. Don’t just tell them the good side, paint a true picture with the highs and the lows.

get your PC to ring up the Cadet Exec Officer for your county they will be able to give you lots of ideas on what you should talk about ect. (normally ex reg as is the most senior full time position)

also try looking on www.armycadetforce.net

Hope my ramble has been of some help. If your have any questions just ask.

9. FAR FRAMED MOST HELPFUL THANKS , SHINEY KIT NOT ALWAYS AN OPTION @ NIGHT (LOGSITICS ,PME ,ETC)BUT DID SAY TO SNR WUPERT THAT ATTENDING THE ACF TRG FACILITY ON THERE TRG WK ENDS WITH TRACKED MAY BE AN OPTION ?

10. The kids would love that.

If you can.

They have a fascination for any kit that they don't usually see. even seeing the differences between an SA80 and the L98 A1 Cadet GP would keep them entertained.

11. SORTED ...CWS,9MM,GIMPY AND LAW IT IS THEN ONLY JOKING!

MUST ADMIT SNR WUPERT DID GULP @ TRACKS ! :lol:

ANY INPUT IS MOST WELCOMED

THANKS

12. We got PWRR to bring tracks down to our recruiting day. (County Council didn't want it mucking up their marked square though.) was a great success. just took a bit of organising thought.

not joking. Ask the CEO if he will allow you to bring the above mentioned and as long as you can insure that some 12 year old isn’t' going to run off with a 9mm pistol in his pocket your job will be that much easier. It will give you things to make them ask the questions. What seems every day to you is something that they find interesting.

13. OUTSTANDING .... AND NOTED, FOR THE CADET TRG NIGHTS WPNS ARE NOT REALLY AN OPTION ALTHOUGH I DON`T WANT TO BORE THEM WITH DEATH BY POWERPOINT (VIEW FOIL FOR US OLDER F**KERS)

CURRENT THOUGHTS ARE PW CONVERSATION FIRING ON INDOOR RANGE,SAT,ATTENDING PL DRY TRG PERIOD,VISITS TO LIVE FIRING SF,MOR ,MILAN

WELL I AM SP COY! :lol:

14. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Push the fact that they can see the world, go parachuting, get cheap booze, fabuloius social life, shoot miollions of rounds a year, and all the birds are gagging for a squaddie.

I know the above sounds flippant but just think what motivated you to join.

Probably money, birds, booze and shooting things, it certainly did with me.

15. Make sure you nail everything down though, the little x*&%s will nick anything. As an ex-cadet and now TA Pl Sgt I don't think we do enough with our cadets to encourage them to keep the habit and join their TA unit. Lots of shiny stuff, pics from exercises and any live firing stuff (any vids of night your lot on LF exs always a winner).