Assistance required in tracking down Army Medical Services Zippo Lighters

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by BMZ, Aug 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BMZ

BMZ Swinger

Hi All
    Just wondering if anyone new of any medical services that still produced Zippo Lighters for their units etc. I collect British Military Zippo Lighters and have my own web site,
    I have been collecting for years, but only have 2 Zippos which come under the category Army Medical Services and that is a 1985 Royal Army Medical Corps - 2 Field Hospital & 1992 Royal Army Veterinary Corps. I am always on the look out for any British Military Zippos, dose not matter what condition they are in, as long as they are Zippo's and have a engraved designed, not looking for the stuck on emblem types.
    Please have a look at my web site, let me know what you think
    2 Field Hospital RAMC - 1985.jpg Royal Army Veterinary Corps - 1994.jpg
  2. Last time i checked the AMS did 4 zippo's each with one of the 4 AMS cap badges on it
  3. Does the RAMC museum at Keogh not sell Zippo's ?
  4. BMZ

BMZ Swinger

Thanks for the Info, i had a look at the AMS Museum web site, could not find any.

5. alas the students have drunk all the lighter fuel, Olly Reed started it and the tradition continues
  6. I didn't see any the last time I was in the AMS Museum Shop but I got one from the Pirbright PRI. 'Bout 17 bucks?