Assistance Required - Imprest Guru Needed

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Soldier_Why, Jun 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Can anyone help me? In the aftermath of our recent docs inspection the FSA has been 'moved on' and quite typically a replacement will not be forthcoming until Mid August. So yours truly has bravely volunteered (been jiffed!) to step into the breech.

Now, not having touched Imprest for about 4 years I am a bit rusty - and that is where hopefully someone out there can help me.

I don't have any problems with the day to day running of the Imprest and the cash and bank checks are current and everything looks kosher on that front. My problem is the fecking GSA (or DDCA or whatever the fcuk they're calling it these days).

To cut a long story short, my problem is this - at first glance the GSA looks fine, what's on the system agrees with what is in my GSA folder but it DOES NOT agree with what is on the ORACLE return. Now this isn't a major surprise as this is one of the reasons why the last incumbent is no longer there, so what I am trying to do is backtrack and try and find out why it doesn't balance.

BUT having just received my ORACLE print I just can't seem to work out what to do with the fecker. (What happened to the old Return 11 anyway?) I am sat here staring at the ORACLE print and the 1188 and have absolutely not a fcuking scooby doo what figures are supposed to go where. I have had a few stabs at it and because I have 2 ORACLE prints (Apr and May) I would expect the difference to be the same on both 1188's thus giving me a starting figure on where I should be looking. No matter how many different ways I try to fill them in and juggle figures I am coming out with an approx £4.5K cr discrepancy in Apr and an approx £7.5k discrepancy in May. :cry:

SO, does anyone out there PLEASE have any crib notes/course notes/idiot's guide etc on this subject that they would be willing to share with me?

(edited to add.....) and before anyone suggests it - Bde and LAO were about as much use as tits on a fish!

2. S_W - I'm utterly shocked. As a member of the AGC (and the lead SPS Moderator) you should be fully able to get this squared away.

Never mind - Slopes to the rescue (again). :D

Seriously, we have such a 'guru' here right now - wait out for a typically dull and factually accurate response.

I take it that you won't need a response till Monday morning?? :D

3. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

What can I say mate? I've been cuffing it for years and only just been found out. :D

Absolutely! Cheers bud. :wink:

4. Are you able to siphon money off to my bank account?

5. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I am currently working on that process. unfortunately I have only so far worked out how to siphon money FROM my bank account! :wink:

6. All credit to you, S_W. I wouldn't touch IMPREST with someone else's...:D

7. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

I don't really have a problem with Imprest, just thought I had finished with that side of things about 4 years ago so didn't really keep up to speed. But good old fate and the glorious AGC have decided to throw me back into the thick of it.

It looks bad at the moment simply because it's been neglected somewhat for a few months. I've gone in there and I'm trying to suss out someone else's system (or attempt thereof), no handover, inexperienced RAO and noone else in the unit who has been near Imprest any more recently than I and to top it all off, a VWO at Bde who has never touched Imprest on UNICOM!

Oh Well, they can't make me pregnant! :D

8. I wouldn't bank on it !! 8O