Assistance needed from Arrsers that read (both of you)

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by steven seagull, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm off oop north next week with work so I'm looking for a couple of war books to read.
    I've read Black Hawk Down a couple of times and like the visceral, minute by minute way its written.

Any recommendations for something similar?

2. I'll take that as a no shall I?

3. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

Have a little look on the Book Reviews forum, Steven. There's bound to be something there that appeals.

4. Jihad by Tom Carew. One of the best books I've read for a while. Ex SAS running black ops in soviet run Afghanistan. Great insight into CIA and US long term strategies into the country and the drugs revenues. Enjoy!

5. Well feck me, total fantasist and Walt. Pity, ruined a great read, boll&cks!

6. sorry

10 letters

7. Buy a Kindle. You can download the books that appeal to you.

8. Yeah he was outed as an SAS walt. Apparently the story is accurate of what he did apart from the SAS part according to some online resources. I just finished it and it is an awesome read. Always on your toes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. don't remember it that well, there was that,nemisis file and the sixteen all IIRC outed as total BS

10. The only other book I'm Reading at the moment is The Hungry Hungry Caterpiller. Every bloody night until the little monster goes to sleep.

Someones going to tell me the author is a butterfly walt too!

11. saidly yes hes a moth with a trade account at the B&Q paint counter

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Try James Delingpole's Coward books

Coward on the Beach D=Day
    and
    Coward at the Bridge (Arnhem)

Good laugh and reasonably accurate as well.