• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Assistance needed from Arrsers that read (both of you)

I'm off oop north next week with work so I'm looking for a couple of war books to read.
I've read Black Hawk Down a couple of times and like the visceral, minute by minute way its written.

Any recommendations for something similar?

Jihad by Tom Carew. One of the best books I've read for a while. Ex SAS running black ops in soviet run Afghanistan. Great insight into CIA and US long term strategies into the country and the drugs revenues. Enjoy!

I'm off oop north next week with work so I'm looking for a couple of war books to read.
I've read Black Hawk Down a couple of times and like the visceral, minute by minute way its written.

Any recommendations for something similar?
Buy a Kindle. You can download the books that appeal to you.

G

gdm.bizkit

Yeah he was outed as an SAS walt. Apparently the story is accurate of what he did apart from the SAS part according to some online resources. I just finished it and it is an awesome read. Always on your toes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only other book I'm Reading at the moment is The Hungry Hungry Caterpiller. Every bloody night until the little monster goes to sleep.

Someones going to tell me the author is a butterfly walt too!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just to come back to your subject for a moment; try 'Robert's Ridge' By Malcolm Macpherson. An account of an op during Operation Anaconda that went badly wrong. Worth a look. As is anything by Ken Wharton!

I'm reading Road of Bones by Feargal Keane at the moment. The story of Kohima told from both sides - fascinating stuff. A tad on the pricey side (£25) but it'll keep you going a while.

Jihad by Tom Carew. One of the best books I've read for a while. Ex SAS running black ops in soviet run Afghanistan. Great insight into CIA and US long term strategies into the country and the drugs revenues. Enjoy!
Snap! just finished it, xcellent read.

(edited) lying walt barsteward, mind you still better than sven hassle now there was a walt.

Latest Threads