Assiniboia Inn Medicine Hat

Spent R and R there several times early to mid 80's, what a looser LOL. Most went to Calgary or Montana but no, me and a tankie mate stayed there for 10 days. Never saw the light of day cause you could use the door from the reception straight into the bar. Anyoner got any pics of the place, cant find anything bar a google map and an address for the place. Tell you how long ago it was, the Vietnam song 19 by Paul Hardcastle was always on the juke box.

Japes at 9pm behind the mess chaps.

Effy

BadManners said:
Still the same decor I would have thought, same barmaids too :D
Large fat gals that can carry 4 steins and a tray with 8 glasses through a couple of hundred urined squaddies without spillin a drop. Is it still the same format? Is it still a dive? I had many a good night in there. Introduced to shooters in there too, that was one of lifes mistakes.

Pip pip

Effy

The Bin is still there, but not in the format we all remember. It now consists of a really naff 'club' arrangement, and all the strippers were kicked out when the Lady Mayoress was elected. She also closed Cheetahs, for those who recall that fine establishment.

I heard on my last trip out there that the Mayoress wasn't going to be re-elected next time round, but have no idea whether the good burghers of Med Hat actually got rid of her.

If you fancy ringing ahead, you can reserve a room on (403) 526-2801.

Alternatively, a lot of people go to Lethbridge or cross the border...

Cheetahs, now there ius a blast from the past. What a quality establishment. We used to heat up quarters and dimes and chuck them at the strippers lol. Still had a good time in there till we beat some lunberjacks at pool and they started an almighty fight. RCMP attended and we got lifted. Didnt cause a problem at camp, well not of any diplomatic status anyway.

B

Biscuits_AB

Efargee20 said:
Spent R and R there several times early to mid 80's, what a looser LOL. Most went to Calgary or Montana but no, me and a tankie mate stayed there for 10 days. Never saw the light of day cause you could use the door from the reception straight into the bar. Anyoner got any pics of the place, cant find anything bar a google map and an address for the place. Tell you how long ago it was, the Vietnam song 19 by Paul Hardcastle was always on the juke box.

Japes at 9pm behind the mess chaps.

Effy
I wish I'd stayed at the Sin Bin. We went to Montana on Thanksgiving (no f*cker told us). It was shut. And just to really p*sh on our bonfire, the local cops were having their shindig in our hotel bar.

Dryest R & R in the history of NATO.

ugly

LE
I did wainright and never left camp on R&R, Topped up my tan, dribbled at the canex and drank cheap lager in the regy bar! Good old Jenky!

Efargee20 said:
BadManners said:
Still the same decor I would have thought, same barmaids too :D
Large fat gals that can carry 4 steins and a tray with 8 glasses through a couple of hundred urined squaddies without spillin a drop. Is it still the same format? Is it still a dive? I had many a good night in there. Introduced to shooters in there too, that was one of lifes mistakes.

Pip pip

Effy
that shooters bar destroyed me one night ............failed the fresh air test good and proper.........

shortarms said:
Fond memories of O'rileys then onto Cheaters and ending up at the bin.

Anyone remember becky bondage or the 2 dollar sisters. :D

Sad thats it's all gone now. :cry:
O Rileys (& The Club) are still there but alas the 'Bin is a dim and distant memory now.

The Lady Mayoress is out and the strip joins are starting to reopen

O'Reileys, Cheetahs, then the "Club" (formerly known as Pink Cadillacs) and if it was the right night into Essie's and pick up some fat or painfully skinny chick! Happy days as OPFOR when we arrived two weeks too early for he Ex and was told to "Go and enjoy yourselves!"

Many a fine night out in the Hat Started at the Legion(best beer , not the usual chemical canuk ditch water) overthe tracks to the Bin. had to get to the Minge Tree before last orders were called in the Bin then could get drink until 3am into the car (not me driving of course) and a stop at the Redcliff service station for breaky back in time to move out.

nice to see becky bondages name appear here, fun to see how many guys you knew in her book

For the more adventurous amongst us there was Hotel Cecil, Full of bikers and FBIs (feckin big injuns)
Any one out there remember the bar along the road from the Ming Tree, age is now fading the memory or it could be the result of so much of that afore mentioned ditchwater
shouldn't this thread be in old n bold??

Mate of mine chatted up one of the strippers and we ended up hanging around with a lot of them, which was fun, although I never got to shag any of them. That would have been winter repair 1987 if memory serves me. Was kind of bizzare, in a good way, to be drinking with a doris then 5 minutes later she is on stage ripping her kit of.

I seem to remember the Silver Buckle and Miami Spice as well?

Latest Threads