Assessment Centre Tips

First of all apologies if I am posting this query in the wrong area. (Pretty new to this!)

However, I have my 2 day selection at Pirbright on the 27 August and was just wondering if there were any tips that will benefit me? As well as this, I am going for RE so I am aware I will need to take the technical selection test so is there any tips for this - I got sufficient GCSE grades but haven't done any demanding maths in quite a while so other than refreshing myself with some complex arithmetic is there anything else I can do in order to prepare myself for this!

Thanks for any help in advance, and once again sorry if this is in the wrong place - if this is the case please point me in the right direction!

Murphy2012

War Hero
give your best on everything basically.
Be confident + know your stuff on the icebreaker. Make Eye contact while you're doing that too.
Make sure you can do the jerry can + power bag
Revise on the evening so you can get full marks on the memory test thing
Get actively involved in the team tasks, + encourage others. Don't stand around with your hands in your pockets doing nothing.
Put a good shift in on the run, you don't have to come first to get good points on this from what we were told, its all down to your individual effort, give your all.

GROVER_s90

Clanker
When your on team tasks just shout at people and make ur voice heard!!! Can't stress that enough, I cocked up pretty much everything else but still rolled out with a A+ because I used me nugget on team tasks and shouted at people what to do, that's where I made up points!! And dont worry about ice breaker!! Common sence is a must have!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

GROVER_s90

Clanker
Like matey said, you don't have to be first on the run, I was second from last at 11:12 and like I said I got a A+ they put it down to how hard you have worked.. I did my ADSC pirbright in March this year and I weighed 13st dead.. When I started my application process in November 2013 my first recorded weight was 16:9 so they knew I had worked me arrse off :)

GROVER_s90

Clanker
Honestly I was cacking myself but turned out to be really decent!! Good staff and decent food.. Also bring some earplugs if ya wana get some good sleep lol!

Cheers all for you help! Icebreaker I am confident with as well as the fitness side of things - relatively, just a little nervous about some of the tests as I purely think I'll muck up due to nerves! But I have time so a lot of time for revision and what not! thanks all again

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
When your on team tasks just shout at people and make ur voice heard!!! Can't stress that enough, I cocked up pretty much everything else but still rolled out with a A+ because I used me nugget on team tasks and shouted at people what to do, that's where I made up points!! And dont worry about ice breaker!! Common sence is a must have!!

There is no such Grade as an A+ at selection.

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
I know what you meant but you are on a recruiting thread and people on here look at what is said and would be thinking there is a grade above A.

Do you know what score you actually got? Everyone on here seems to say they got a high A, high B etc. Next to nobody just gets an A or a B.

GROVER_s90

Clanker
Oh sorry buddy.. And nah just told me I got a high A and achieved most of my points through team tasks..

xcharley17x

Old-Salt
So just barb, medical, PT assessment, ice breaker /team tasks No functional skills testing?

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
So just barb, medical, PT assessment, ice breaker /team tasks No functional skills testing?

Yes functional skills are still there. You no longer do the military lesson on the evening and the written test on that military lesson the next morning.

xcharley17x

Old-Salt
Yes functional skills are still there. You no longer do the military lesson on the evening and the written test on that military lesson the next morning.

Ah! Oddly.. I was looking forward to that... Lol! (Taking the test)

U

UkSam1990

Is it me or does it appear there making the SC less difficult?

No more press ups, sit ups, there used to be (I beleive) a 45 mins - 1 hour PT but when I did this is lt was 20 mins. Also now, no military lesson or test :(

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
Is it me or does it appear there making the SC less difficult?

No more press ups, sit ups, there used to be (I beleive) a 45 mins - 1 hour PT but when I did this is lt was 20 mins. Also now, no military lesson or test :(

The military lesson and written test were hardly taxing and the justification for removing tem is that they were just time fillers anyway. Now that BARB and Functional Skills are done at SC instead of at the ACC/AFCO there is not the free time - apparently.

And would Capita/RPP really make things easier just to get the numbers in? It's not like they are allowing people with driving bans to join the Infantry now or seeking permission to allow people with tattoos on their hands and/or face to be allowed to join is it? Oh hang on......

Murphy2012

War Hero
The military lesson and written test were hardly taxing and the justification for removing tem is that they were just time fillers anyway. Now that BARB and Functional Skills are done at SC instead of at the ACC/AFCO there is not the free time - apparently.

And would Capita/RPP really make things easier just to get the numbers in? It's not like they are allowing people with driving bans to join the Infantry now or seeking permission to allow people with tattoos on their hands and/or face to be allowed to join is it? Oh hang on......
do you think selection should be harder / more accurate to life in basic to give people more of an example of what to expect?

Latest Threads