assault vests

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by dml87, Mar 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can anyone advise me on which assault vest to get, with a bladder or without and with one would you reccmend , thank for the hep

2. Use the search function in the QM and Logistic forum there is loads of threads about this in there.

3. To be honest thats like saying how long is a piece of string. All depends how much money your wanting to spend you can buy a cheap one wit out a blader for say 60 quid then buy a 50 quid cammel bac or Get say a web tex one with a blader for 70 quid just depends on money and what your goin to use for and in what conditions.

4. If you're going to buy one I'd recommend the issue one, so it can be exchanged if it starts getting a bit "beat-up". But don't forget, PLCE is very good, and if you really need a vest you'll get issued one.

T C

5. You must get the good issue ones. The ones i've had the mag pouches dont fit SA-80 mags there made for old m16 mags I think def not big enough for Sa-80 mags

6. I'm not being silly, but don't m-16s and A2s use NATO standard ammunition? Why would the magazines be a different size? The only old style m-16 mag I can think of is the old 60's era one, but why would the MOD base our mag pouches on them?
    Sounds a bit silly 2 me, unless you mean the weird Blank mags....

T C

7. i guess he means the old 20 round m16a1 'nam style mags.

8. are you a cadet, or reg/TA? ie what sort of battering does it need to be able to take?
    don't buy webtex if you are regs or TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Because we used to use M16 mags before the SA80 ones came out. Then when the SA80 A2 was introduced the new HK mags were bigger. The PLCE Ammo pouches were extended to fit them in as, yes, they are longer.

10. Well I'll be damaged! Got the issued vest and I hate the amo pouches on it! Nightmare to do up etc
    Thanx for clearing that up.

T C

11. No sh1t! You need to get some PLCE Ammo Pouches tailored on, the issue ones are too floppy, especially when they're worn a bit.

12. Yes I do mean the old 60's m16 mags and that was what was beenin issued on telic, 6 months ago. there is nothing wrong with web text in fact in some cases its better than issue gear. Y pay 120 quid whe you can pay 60 and it does the same job ?????????

13. webtex is shi* load of lads in my unit bought the assult vest and day sacks it fell apart on build up with weeks to go before we deployed never buy webtex

14. Who were issued those?

15. must be a remf!