"Assault" vehicles, A Bean counters wet dream.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chocolate_frog, Jul 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

from MSN

2. Target will fall when hit ???
    Looks more like something from the fairground shooting gallery

WW

3. DOnt now what the recoil on those peashooters is like, but wouldnt those guys standing up fli back like one of those weighted children's punch bags you get?

4. Segways use gyroscopes, they move if you lean forward and back, but don't just roll. If they leant back slightly from the recoil then they would only have to lean forward as they fire to counteract it.

5. Weables wobble but they don´t fall down....

Wouldn´t like to give a whizz on full auto though!!!

6. PLEASE don’t give the bean counters any ideas! The mind boggles at the thought of a Squadron of Segways passing in review on Horse Guards Parade.......

7. oh yeah, that's going to work a treat isn't it! knobhead.

8. msr

msr LE

Er, that's exactly how they do work: http://www.howstuffworks.com/ginger.htm

Remind me, who's the knob head?

msr

9. I was in fact referring to the principles of marksmanship, and how leaning forward to counteract the backwards motion created by the recoil of the weapon etc' etc' etc'.............................[some hours later].................might not actually be ideal.

10. .....Bikini_Black?

11. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

12. Could the Kings Troop pull guns with these things? Maybe 6 all tethered together?

Must be cheaper than a horse.

13. yep that'll get your useless post count up. cnut.

14. what happens when one of these things gets to a flight of stairs there are so many thigs that can go wrong here the chinese forces end up on there arrse when the recoil sends them backwards sending a few rounds up into the air the crims get away when the they step up the curb and finally wouldnt it just be faster and easier to patrol on foot

15. Lots of wide open spaces, particularly around the Olympic venues. I thought it looked ridiculous, but the more I think about it, it's actually a reasonable idea for getting police through hundreds of metres of crowds quickly. I just really hope they debus before firing if it actually comes down to it.